From: Liz on
Well Sir You have taught me a lot - though my memory is not what it once was,
I am glad this forum page will be here for a long time for me to look back
on....

I am sorry for being so "Chatty" I know that is not good here, I have issues
with staying focused, especially when I am not sure what I am talking about
or where exactly I want to wind up.

When I first starting working on this particular issue I read some of your
pages and the first two things I did were to decrease the Graphics Hardware
Acceleration Which did nothing then to rename that divxaf.ax file to
divxaf.ax_ and that did not help either. Tried that twice booting after the
second try....

This morning I got to looking at just my application files (which I -after
15 years on a computer - did not know you could do, not that I know any more
about what an application file actually is, but can find the ones I have
installed). Anyway nothing was clicking as to what the issue was.
Then---something made me think about my last downloads (something to do with
something I saw referring to December 3 date)
On that date I had downloaded two things per Nero's recommendation because
of issues there. (Neither of which helped my Nero issues )
One was - afreeCodecVT The other was a codec pack which I can not find
the name of now because I uninstalled it. I noticed the names of some things
I have discovered because of this site and others that could be the issue so
I uninstalled the pack and YEP--- No more issues - well I don't know about no
more but I can open my video's and I can open them in WMM YES YES YES.....

I don't know why just renaming some didn't work and I wish to heck I knew
what the pack was called so I could let you know but anyway for now I am up
and running again.

Thank you so much for your time and tolerance.
Liz

Ps. If you tell me how I can find the name of what I just uninstalled I will
let you know what it was that worked.....

From: PapaJohn on
As the next times will be different, it's more important understanding a bit
more of what's happening than it is to know what particular thing you
uninstalled.

Enjoy your movie making!!

PapaJohn (MVP)