From: buddyorliz on
Well this is weird.
Just went to the nero vision to see why I was not just using it instead of
trying to fix wmm - and I got the messagage something like this -
The instruction a "0x7c928beb referenced memory at "0x000000" The memory
could not be "read". trying again to add a video to it I get the message
again. (I think the first one said something about applicaation error too)

Then I went back and saw you had replied so I went back to movie maker to
make sure all were un-checked then to make sure I could still import
pictures. I imported a couple from the place I had been which is the file I
last used, then went to a previous year picture file and before I could click
or as soon as I did -- I got the message exacatly: The instruction a
"0x7c928beb referenced memory at "0x000000" The memory could not be "read".
click ok to terminate the program click on cancel to debug the program.
So I went back to see if I could import more than a couple pictures from the
file that is there becaseu it was the last one I used, it let me do a few so
gambling I tried again to go to previous years and this time it let me.

You are probable right about this not being just a movie maker issue -
I am just lost. Looks like I start at the beginning - after Christmas with
all the new video clips of Santa....

Am I right to assume you have no suggestions then?

From: PapaJohn on
right.... seems like you're still finding clues to any issues you have.
Without knowing more, I'd only be guessing and probably wrong.

From: John Inzer on
buddyorliz wrote:
> Well this is weird.
> Just went to the nero vision to see why I was not just using it
> instead of trying to fix wmm - and I got the messagage something like
> this -
> The instruction a "0x7c928beb referenced memory at "0x000000" The
> memory could not be "read". trying again to add a video to it I get
> the message again. (I think the first one said something about
> applicaation error too)
>
> Then I went back and saw you had replied so I went back to movie
> maker to make sure all were un-checked then to make sure I could
> still import pictures. I imported a couple from the place I had been
> which is the file I last used, then went to a previous year picture
> file and before I could click or as soon as I did -- I got the
> message exacatly: The instruction a "0x7c928beb referenced memory at
> "0x000000" The memory could not be "read". click ok to terminate
> the program click on cancel to debug the program.
> So I went back to see if I could import more than a couple pictures
> from the file that is there becaseu it was the last one I used, it
> let me do a few so gambling I tried again to go to previous years and
> this time it let me.
>
> You are probable right about this not being just a movie maker issue -
> I am just lost. Looks like I start at the beginning - after Christmas
> with all the new video clips of Santa....
>
> Am I right to assume you have no suggestions then?
=======================================
It's possible that you have an issue with your
video driver.

Try reducing your Graphics Hardware Acceleration
as per the instructions in the following article.

(272193) PI: How to Troubleshoot
Graphics Issues
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272193
(scroll down to:
Microsoft Windows 2000 and Windows XP)

If it improves the issue...go to the support
website of your video adapter's mfg. and
search for Vista compatible drivers.

If you don't know the make and model of
your video adapter...check the documentation
that came with the computer.

Also you could try these steps...
Go to...Start / Run...type...
msinfo32 ...press enter.

On the System Information screen...choose...
Components / Display...

You should find the make and model of your
display adapter as well as the driver version.

If the driver on the support website is more
current than the one you are running...
download it and install it. Also you should find
and follow the installation instructions at the
support site.

Once the driver is updated...return your acceleration
to Full.

And...it might be worth a try to uninstall SP3.

(950249) How to remove Windows XP
Service Pack 3 from your computer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950249/en-us

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

From: buddyorliz on
I had tried reducing the Graphics Hardware Acceleration a couple times and I
just tried it again, even booting my computer after each try this time. It
did not seam to do anything different.

I am wondering why I would want to uninstall sp3 as I have had it for quite
sometime now so why would it just Now be casuing issues? The automatic
updates?

This is getting more upsetting by the day as It is Christmas time and the
grandkids will be here and I will not be able to do anything with video's.

The Nero nor the WMM is working.
Dang it....

I guess I should have know better (even though I did have a few months of
making DVD's) than to buy Nero as I had had some pretty major issues before
with just the trial, but I wanted to be able to just click a button and Burn
my video's to DVD and since MM only can be burned on CD's it wasn't working
for me. The Nero seamed eaisier to transfer everything, maybe it was the
recoding stuff, I don't know.

So let me ask this - is there something that does work (proven to work) with
windows XP that I can (do it all) edit video's, make my home movie and burn
on DVD's that can be watched on everyone's stand alone DVD players? OH Yeah
AND that can recode what ever type of picture or video I am working with a
click of a button.
- I also a couple years ago purchased NCH, turned out after I bought it I
had to buy more stuff as it was only working for music (can't remember
exacatly what the issue was, but I paid for something I really did not need)

HELP - Tell me what to buy that Will do it all.....
or am I dreaming?

Thanks for everyone's suggestions, ready for some new ones.
Liz

From: PapaJohn on
You don't really talk about the kinds of source files you mostly use. They
could be camcorders recording to tapes, DVDs, hard drives, or flash media.
They could be video clips you're ripping off DVDs and online sites like
YouTube. They might be regular definition or high def.

If I knew your 'normal' process I might suggest something... and your target
budget might come into play. As this is the Movie Maker newsgroup, I can
only assume you would like what most users want, the perfect all-purpose
software for free. Today that's 'dreaming'.