From: Mike Tomlinson on
In article <85iucpFnjhU1(a)mid.individual.net>, Roger Mills
<watt.tyler(a)googlemail.com> writes

>[1] I've been agreeably surprised with what *will* run in Win7 - including a
>number of old applications originally written for Win9x!

Why so surprised? It's just another warmed-over version of WinNT.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny's thinking about giving Windows 7

From: Roger Mills on
On 21/05/2010 21:24, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
> In article<85iucpFnjhU1(a)mid.individual.net>, Roger Mills
> <watt.tyler(a)googlemail.com> writes
>
>> [1] I've been agreeably surprised with what *will* run in Win7 - including a
>> number of old applications originally written for Win9x!
>
> Why so surprised? It's just another warmed-over version of WinNT.

Largely because I asked here a while ago about old applications on Win7,
and got lots of horror stories about things which wouldn't work.

I did at least go for the 32-bit version, as recommended by several
people, and also for Professional - which means I can run a virtual XP
system if needed.

--
Cheers,
Roger