From: annily on
Osama wrote:

>> Have a look at VirtualBox - you run XP within Windows7
>> http://www.virtualbox.org/
>
> Sound like the best idea to me.
> I have downloaded.
> Guide is 297 pages!!!
> Can I ask for a quik rundown how to get Xp in window?
> Be much appreciated.
> Cheers,

Ae you sure you just can't find replacement programs that will work in
Win 7, and make the break with XP?

--
Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
which may or may not influence my opinions.
From: Osama on
On 17/03/2010 4:25 PM, annily wrote:
> Osama wrote:
>>
>>> Have a look at VirtualBox - you run XP within Windows7
>>> http://www.virtualbox.org/
>>
>> Sound like the best idea to me.
>> I have downloaded.
>> Guide is 297 pages!!!
>> Can I ask for a quik rundown how to get Xp in window?
>> Be much appreciated.
>> Cheers,
>>

> Ae you sure you just can't find replacement programs that will work in
> Win 7, and make the break with XP?

Just want to edit my kids videos without costing more money for new
programs. Ulead videostudio on XP was doing all that I needed.
When done, I used to burn to disc with Ulead but now can't so been
trying Nero also with no luck.
I am no genius at this so am asking for help with simple instructions.
Cheers,
From: Rob on
On 17/03/2010 7:36 AM, Osama wrote:
> I have couple of programs (Ulead Videostudio SE DVD, Nero Suite 6)that
> worked fine on XP but don't have all their features working on Win7 even
> when I use the "Run programs made for previous versions of windows.
>
> Is it possible to install XP on either a spare 5G or a 20G drive and
> then install the programs on it. Then if I can load this drive first
> when I want to run those programs.
>
> If it is, how do I go about doing it.
>
> Thanks,

send me an email
From: annily on
Osama wrote:

>>> Sound like the best idea to me.
>>> I have downloaded.
>>> Guide is 297 pages!!!
>>> Can I ask for a quik rundown how to get Xp in window?
>>> Be much appreciated.
>>> Cheers,
>>>

>> Ae you sure you just can't find replacement programs that will work in
>> Win 7, and make the break with XP?
>>
> Just want to edit my kids videos without costing more money for new
> programs. Ulead videostudio on XP was doing all that I needed.
> When done, I used to burn to disc with Ulead but now can't so been
> trying Nero also with no luck.
> I am no genius at this so am asking for help with simple instructions.
> Cheers,

I don't do video editing, but I'd be surprised if there aren't some
freeware programs around that would do that. Why not try some Googling?

Burning to disc comes standard with Win 7 anyway.

From: Sekula on

"annily" <annily(a)annily.invalid> wrote in message
> Sekula wrote:
>> "Osama" <Osama(a)obama> wrote in message
>>> I have couple of programs (Ulead Videostudio SE DVD, Nero Suite 6)that
>>> worked fine on XP but don't have all their features working on Win7 even
>>> when I use the "Run programs made for previous versions of windows.
>>
>> Typical MS BS..no wonder XP users dont want to rush into buying
>> Win7...they cant even make 7 compatible with Xp programs..tossers!!
> Most programs that run in XP will run fine in Win 7. It's those that do
> "tricky" things that won't. For those, you should be able to get suitable
> replacements.
>
> If you're updating to a new OS, what's wrong with updating a few old apps
> as well?

Hey what's wrong with blowing hundreds of bucks for programs that worked
fine on XP??? Joke.