From: Tom Shelton on
On 2010-02-02, David Kerber <ns_dkerber(a)ns_warrenrogersassociates.com> wrote:
> In article <Xns9D12AA178A69Bipostthereforeiam(a)207.46.248.16>,
> no(a)spam.com says...

>> I feel a nagging urgency to get an asp.net version of our product out
> there
>> pronto.
>
> Why not Delphi, FreeBasic or RealBasic? The conversion effort will
> probably be about the same...

1) Since the OP specifically mentioned ASP.NET - that probably means they
want to create a web version. I'm not exactly sure any of the options you
gave are terribly suited to web programming. A more likely non-.net
suggestion would be php, python, ruby, or java.

2) Having converted lots of VB6 code .NET - your assumption is wrong.

--
Tom Shelton
From: mayayana on

> > I feel a nagging urgency to get an asp.net version of our product out
> there
> > pronto.
>
> Why not Delphi, FreeBasic or RealBasic? The conversion effort will
> probably be about the same...

As opposed to asp.net? kpg seems to be talking
about "web services". If his post is taken
seriously, the original "question" seems to be:

"I don't have a question, but I'm anxious about
missing the cloud bandwagon because it's clearly the
height of fashion these days. Are you people in the
process of jumping on the cloud bandwagon? Does
anyone understand what's going on?"

kpg never provided any details, after all. So the
question wasn't in any particular context other than
AJAX webpage (or something similar) vs installed software.

From: Jeff Johnson on
"kpg" <no(a)spam.com> wrote in message

Just a gut feeling here, but it seems to me kpg simply failed to do this:

<Sarcasm>

> I feel a nagging urgency to get an asp.net version of our product out
> there
> pronto.

</Sarcasm>

I didn't see it as a troll at all.

From: David Kerber on
In article <OJ5#n#ApKHA.5328(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>,
tom_shelton(a)comcastXXXXXXX.net says...

> On 2010-02-02, David Kerber <ns_dkerber(a)ns_warrenrogersassociates.com> wrote:
> > In article <Xns9D12AA178A69Bipostthereforeiam(a)207.46.248.16>,
> > no(a)spam.com says...

> >> I feel a nagging urgency to get an asp.net version of our product out
> > there
> >> pronto.
> >
> > Why not Delphi, FreeBasic or RealBasic? The conversion effort will
> > probably be about the same...

> 1) Since the OP specifically mentioned ASP.NET - that probably means they
> want to create a web version. I'm not exactly sure any of the options you
> gave are terribly suited to web programming. A more likely non-.net
> suggestion would be php, python, ruby, or java.

Yeah, good point; I missed that on first reading.

> 2) Having converted lots of VB6 code .NET - your assumption is wrong.

Have you ever ported to any of the ones I mentioned so you have a
comparison?

From: Tom Shelton on
On 2010-02-02, David Kerber <ns_dkerber(a)ns_warrenrogersassociates.com> wrote:
> In article <OJ5#n#ApKHA.5328(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>,
> tom_shelton(a)comcastXXXXXXX.net says...
>>
>> On 2010-02-02, David Kerber <ns_dkerber(a)ns_warrenrogersassociates.com> wrote:
>> > In article <Xns9D12AA178A69Bipostthereforeiam(a)207.46.248.16>,
>> > no(a)spam.com says...

>> > there
>> >
>> > Why not Delphi, FreeBasic or RealBasic? The conversion effort will
>> > probably be about the same...

>> 1) Since the OP specifically mentioned ASP.NET - that probably means they
>> want to create a web version. I'm not exactly sure any of the options you
>> gave are terribly suited to web programming. A more likely non-.net
>> suggestion would be php, python, ruby, or java.
>
> Yeah, good point; I missed that on first reading.
>

>> 2) Having converted lots of VB6 code .NET - your assumption is wrong.
>
> Have you ever ported to any of the ones I mentioned so you have a
> comparison?

I've never seen you mention anything... So I can't comment.

--
Tom Shelton