From: kpg on
hey...it's 2010. VB6 is getting pretty long in the tooth.

lol

just kidding...We have a big cash cow piece still out in the field
(pasture?) and would be collecting unemployment if msvbvm60.dll suddenly
died.

Despite the warm and fuzzy feeling I get from this:

Support Statement for Visual Basic 6.0 on Windows Vista, Windows Server
2008 and Windows 7

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vbrun/ms788708.aspx

I feel a nagging urgency to get an asp.net version of our product out there
pronto.

I've always been a 'If it ain't broke' kinda guy (obviously not MS's
policy).

From: Tom Shelton on
On 2010-02-01, kpg <no(a)spam.com> wrote:
> hey...it's 2010. VB6 is getting pretty long in the tooth.
>

> lol
>

> just kidding...We have a big cash cow piece still out in the field
> (pasture?) and would be collecting unemployment if msvbvm60.dll suddenly
> died.
>
> Despite the warm and fuzzy feeling I get from this:
>
> Support Statement for Visual Basic 6.0 on Windows Vista, Windows Server
> 2008 and Windows 7
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vbrun/ms788708.aspx
>
> I feel a nagging urgency to get an asp.net version of our product out there
> pronto.
>
> I've always been a 'If it ain't broke' kinda guy (obviously not MS's
> policy).

I suggest if you need advice on this that you post over on the .net groups.

--
Tom Shelton
From: Nobody on
"kpg" <no(a)spam.com> wrote in message
> I feel a nagging urgency to get an asp.net version of our product out
> there
> pronto.

Try Delphi for PHP:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delphi_for_PHP

http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi-for-php

Ask in their community forums for any questions that you might have.

From: Dee Earley on
On 01/02/2010 22:43, kpg wrote:
> Support Statement for Visual Basic 6.0 on Windows Vista, Windows Server
> 2008 and Windows 7
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vbrun/ms788708.aspx
>
> I feel a nagging urgency to get an asp.net version of our product out there
> pronto.

See the conversation from just about a week ago.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems
From: David Kerber on
In article <Xns9D12AA178A69Bipostthereforeiam(a)207.46.248.16>,
no(a)spam.com says...

> I feel a nagging urgency to get an asp.net version of our product out
there
> pronto.

Why not Delphi, FreeBasic or RealBasic? The conversion effort will
probably be about the same...