From: nick on
Thanks for all the advice, but its going to be too hard for me to get
results from this software. I will just leave my film cameras in the attic!

From: John Navas on
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 12:55:29 -0000, "nick" <nick(a)NOThereoday.com> wrote
in <Uu2dnZMfxZ_df3fXnZ2dnUVZ7s2dnZ2d(a)bt.com>:

>"John Navas" <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in message

>> Google "Microsoft Pro Photos Tools 2" (free)

>Something called ".NET..........." has to be installed first. Even
>before that I had to download a Windows Validation program. It's all too
>much hassle,

Yeah, I know -- takes at least 5 or 10 minutes.

>I will just leave my film cameras in the attic!

You must have a very short attention span.

--
Best regards,
John

Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
it makes you a dSLR owner.
"The single most important component of a camera
is the twelve inches behind it." -Ansel Adams
From: Keith Nuttle on
>> On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 18:26:14 -0000, "nick" <nick(a)NOThereoday.com> wrote
>> in <x5idnQk-V57YQ3TXnZ2dnUVZ8k6dnZ2d(a)bt.com>:
>>
>>> I have scanned some negatives and wondered if there is any way to add
>>> exif
>>> data to it. All I want to add is the date the photo was taken.

While it is not exactly what you want, but functionally it accomplishes
the same thing. Irfanview will append an image file with the IPTC
information. You can put information about the image in this file. I
don't routinely use it for my scanned images but have investigated the
possibility of using it.

The IPTC information is placed near the beginning of the file.
From: Charlie Groh on
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 10:59:47 -0400, Keith Nuttle
<keith_nuttle(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>While it is not exactly what you want, but functionally it accomplishes
>the same thing. Irfanview will append an image file with the IPTC
>information. You can put information about the image in this file. I
>don't routinely use it for my scanned images but have investigated the
>possibility of using it.
>
>The IPTC information is placed near the beginning of the file.

....it appears that Lightroom can add exif data...I just did a cursory
search and many related links popped-up...also:

http://wareseeker.com/free-add-exif-data/

cg
From: nick on
Hey guys I think I have the answer "JPEG JAPERY 1.34". Just downloaded it
and is is very easy to use. However, it's a demo version and only does two
images at a time, so I shall have to pay about �19.00 for the full version.
If anyone comes up with anything like this, only free, then please post it
here! Thanks everyone.