From: johnson on
As you will see from my later posts, I did eventually find JPEG JAPERTY,
which downloads in less than 30 secs, does the job within seconds and has a
decent website to back it. But of course, there are lots of nerds around,
and people that like to pretend that they know everything, that simply would
not want as simple solution that works straight away for everybody without
any fannying about...

From: Wolfgang Weisselberg on
johnson(a)dontreplythankyou.com <nick(a)NOThereoday.com> wrote:
> As you will see from my later posts, I did eventually find JPEG JAPERTY,
> which downloads in less than 30 secs, does the job within seconds and has a
> decent website to back it.

Yes, the 30 seconds seem to be the outer limit for a download
these days. How did the world work when you'd have to spend
hours or days with a modem or even physically walk to a shop and
buy a physical package containing diskettes?

But, well, feel free to enjoy software that doesn't even deinstalls
cleanly (by admission of its FAQ).

> But of course, there are lots of nerds around,
> and people that like to pretend that they know everything, that simply would
> not want as simple solution that works straight away for everybody without
> any fannying about...

Yes, that's why we all don't want you to use anything but a fully
automatic point&shoot --- preferably one that presses the shutter
itself or downloades pre-made shots based on the geolocation
(which you'll have to pay for extra, of course.)

God forbid you may use some manual process somewhere or even
shoot film and scan that! You'd have to *learn* tons of things,
it doesn't download in a few days --- in fact, you have to
develop film either yourself, a horribly complicated process
which only an ueber-god can think of accomplishing or give it
away for development! --- it takes a few days to start to grasp
photography and years to master it even if you work daily on it,
and there's no decent website to back it.

Now, scanning --- more to learn, more to try, takes much longer
than 30 seconds, you have to physically move the scanner to your
house (no downloading) and many websites purporting to know the
truth all claim different things.

-Wolfgang
From: Father Kodak on
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 13:28:13 -0700, J�rgen Exner
<jurgenex(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>"nick" <nick(a)NOThereoday.com> wrote:
>>Hey guys I think I have the answer "JPEG JAPERY 1.34". Just downloaded it
>>and is is very easy to use. However, it's a demo version and only does two
>>images at a time, so I shall have to pay about �19.00 for the full version.
>>If anyone comes up with anything like this, only free, then please post it
>>here! Thanks everyone.
>
>If you don't mind writing a 10-line script:
>http://search.cpan.org/~exiftool/Image-ExifTool-7.89/lib/Image/ExifTool.pod
>
>jue

For those of us who are not per hotshots, can you do a sample script,
which we could then modify to suit.

Thanks