From: William B. Lurie on
I wonder if anyone can offer an understandable explanation
for the error shown by the following event:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: ati2mtag
Event Category: CRT
Event ID: 45062
Date: 3/11/2010
Time: 6:50:12 AM
User: N/A
Computer: COMPAQ-2006
CRT invalid display type
Data:
0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 5a 00 ......Z.
0008: 2c 00 00 00 06 b0 00 c0 ,....�.�
0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

No lead that I've followed up to now gives me a clue as
to what is invalid about my CRT display type. Of course,
the system has been running for a couple of years and nothing
has been changed.....but on the other hand, it annoys me to
see those red X's when the system doesn't appear to be broken.
From: Jose on
On Mar 11, 7:49 am, "William B. Lurie" <billu...(a)nospam.net> wrote:
> I wonder if anyone can offer an understandable explanation
> for the error shown by the following event:
>
> Event Type:     Error
> Event Source:   ati2mtag
> Event Category: CRT
> Event ID:       45062
> Date:           3/11/2010
> Time:           6:50:12 AM
> User:           N/A
> Computer:       COMPAQ-2006
> CRT invalid display type
> Data:
> 0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 5a 00   ......Z.
> 0008: 2c 00 00 00 06 b0 00 c0   ,....°.À
> 0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00   ........
> 0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00   ........
> 0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00   ........
>
> No lead that I've followed up to now gives me a clue as
> to what is invalid about my CRT display type. Of course,
> the system has been running for a couple of years and nothing
> has been changed.....but on the other hand, it annoys me to
> see those red X's when the system doesn't appear to be broken.
Event #45062,Source: ati2mtag , Desc: CRT invalid display type:

Here is an old post about this problem.

Source:As per ATI: "When a digital panel connected to the graphics
card the Windows system log will show the error CRT invalid display
type, the source is ati2mtag. This occurs with Catalyst 7.7 and
higher. This error will not cause any issues to the system or
performance. If you do not want to see the error, the workaround is to
install Catalyst 7.6". See the link to "AMD Knowledge Base Topic
737-29385" for more information.
Symptoms:

Solution:
This error will not cause any issues to the system or performance. If
you do not want to see the error, the workaround is to install
Catalyst 7.6.

ATI Engineering has been advised of this issue and is investigating.
Any updates will be published when they become available

I don't know how to check to see what version of Catalyst you are
using or what you need to be using but if you provide more information
maybe we can figure it out.

You might find out with a little snooping:

Right click an open area on your desktop, select Properties, Settings,
Advanced and see if there is an options tab or something like that
where it might say the Catalyst version.

What kind of monitor are you using?

Do you see this when you boot, shutdown, watch videos, play a game,
just any old time, only once in a while and you don't know why, etc.

Please provide additional information about your system:

Click Start, Run and in the box enter:

msinfo32

Click OK, and when the System Summary info appears, click Edit, Select
All, Copy and then paste the information back here.

There will be some personal information (like System Name and User
Name), and whatever appears to be private information to you, just
delete it from the pasted information.

This will minimize back and forth Q&A and eliminate guesswork.

For video driver information, expand the Components, click Display,
click Edit, Select All, Copy and then paste the information.

..
From: William B. Lurie on
Jose wrote:
> [...]
> where it might say the Catalyst version.
>
> What kind of monitor are you using?
>
> Do you see this when you boot, shutdown, watch videos, play a game,
> just any old time, only once in a while and you don't know why, etc.
>
> Please provide additional information about your system:
>
> Click Start, Run and in the box enter:
>
> msinfo32
>
> Click OK, and when the System Summary info appears, click Edit, Select
> All, Copy and then paste the information back here.
>
> There will be some personal information (like System Name and User
> Name), and whatever appears to be private information to you, just
> delete it from the pasted information.
>
> This will minimize back and forth Q&A and eliminate guesswork.
>
> For video driver information, expand the Components, click Display,
> click Edit, Select All, Copy and then paste the information.

Okay, I believe this is the requested info:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Compaq Presario 061
System Model EX304AA-ABA SR1900NX NA630
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 6 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~3200 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 3.03, 5/19/2006
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\windows
System Directory C:\windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume11
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180
(xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 1,536.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 809.20 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 2.73 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

The monitor is a standard issue 17" CRT, the usual VGA
that comes with desktop HP Presarios.

As for what issue Catalyst. I snooped and all I could identify
is Adapter: ATI Radeon XPress 200 Series. When I went to seek a reload,
some time ago, it referred me to a download of a "Legacy" driver of some
sort.

From: John John - MVP on
William B. Lurie wrote:
> I wonder if anyone can offer an understandable explanation
> for the error shown by the following event:
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: ati2mtag
> Event Category: CRT
> Event ID: 45062
> Date: 3/11/2010
> Time: 6:50:12 AM
> User: N/A
> Computer: COMPAQ-2006
> CRT invalid display type
> Data:
> 0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 5a 00 ......Z.
> 0008: 2c 00 00 00 06 b0 00 c0 ,....�.�
> 0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
> 0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
> 0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
>
> No lead that I've followed up to now gives me a clue as
> to what is invalid about my CRT display type. Of course,
> the system has been running for a couple of years and nothing
> has been changed.....but on the other hand, it annoys me to
> see those red X's when the system doesn't appear to be broken.

According to ATI the error occurs "When a digital panel connected to the
graphics card..." but you say that you have a CRT, go figure...

This is what I can find:

http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=45062&eventno=9333&source=ati2mtag&phase=1
Event ID 45062 Source ati2mtag

http://www.betanews.com/profile/nelsonhf

John
From: William B. Lurie on
John John - MVP wrote:
> William B. Lurie wrote:
>> I wonder if anyone can offer an understandable explanation
>> for the error shown by the following event:
>>
>> Event Type: Error
>> Event Source: ati2mtag
>> Event Category: CRT
>> Event ID: 45062
>> Date: 3/11/2010
>> Time: 6:50:12 AM
>> User: N/A
>> Computer: COMPAQ-2006
>> CRT invalid display type
>> Data:
>> 0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 5a 00 ......Z.
>> 0008: 2c 00 00 00 06 b0 00 c0 ,....�.�
>> 0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
>> 0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
>> 0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
>>
>> No lead that I've followed up to now gives me a clue as
>> to what is invalid about my CRT display type. Of course,
>> the system has been running for a couple of years and nothing
>> has been changed.....but on the other hand, it annoys me to
>> see those red X's when the system doesn't appear to be broken.
>
> According to ATI the error occurs "When a digital panel connected to the
> graphics card..." but you say that you have a CRT, go figure...
>
> This is what I can find:
>
> http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=45062&eventno=9333&source=ati2mtag&phase=1
>
> Event ID 45062 Source ati2mtag
>
> http://www.betanews.com/profile/nelsonhf
>
> John
John, both of those links generate Error reporting to Microsoft....
and don't work for me.