From: VanguardLH on
Jim S wrote:

> VanguardLH wrote:
>
>> Jim S wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a way that I set up an individual address so that whenever
>>> I receive a mail from it Outlook automatically sends a receipt
>>> whether they ask for it or not?
>>
>> Define a rule to auto-reply. If "individual address" means a
>> specific sender then, in the rule, test for that sender. If it
>> meant a specific account then add the clause to test for which
>> account from which an e-mail was retrieved.
>
> where is auto-reply in the list of options for the rule?

Clause: "reply using a <specific template>"

You'll have to define the template used in your auto-reply rule. Hit
F1 and read Outlook's help on how to create a template (searching on
"stationery" turns up better articles). Basically you start composing
a new e-mail with whatever style and content you want and then save it
as a template instead of sending it. I would suggest not using
anything fancy in your auto-reply; i.e., don't use HTML and instead
just use plain-text to ensure the recipient's of that auto-reply can
actually read it.
From: Jim S on
On Sat, 22 May 2010 15:26:39 -0400, Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:

> Jim S wrote:
>>
>> I don't see this in the list of rule options.
>>

> See http://slipstick.me/jing/rules_001.png - you want the option to
> reply using a template. You need to make the template first.
>

> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> View this thread: http://www.outlookforums.com/showthread.php?t=45607
>

> http://www.outlookforums.com

Sorted thanks
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK
From: Jim S on
On Sat, 22 May 2010 15:26:39 -0400, Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:

> Jim S wrote:
>>
>> I don't see this in the list of rule options.
>
> See http://slipstick.me/jing/rules_001.png - you want the option to
> reply using a template. You need to make the template first.

Thanks I did that, but of course a cannot send a .oft file to someone who
does not use Outlook. Can I use a different format to send to eg gmail?
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK
From: Slipstick on

Jim S wrote:
> Thanks I did that, but of course a cannot send a .oft file to someone
> who
> does not use Outlook. Can I use a different format to send to eg gmail?
> --
> Jim S
> Tyneside UK
> www.jimscott.co.uk

That's just the template file. Outlook will convert it to a message
when it sends it.

'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com)

'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/)

From: Jim S on
On Sun, 23 May 2010 13:11:24 -0400, Slipstick wrote:

> Jim S wrote:
>> Thanks I did that, but of course a cannot send a .oft file to someone
>> who
>> does not use Outlook. Can I use a different format to send to eg gmail?
>> --
>> Jim S
>> Tyneside UK
>> www.jimscott.co.uk
>
> That's just the template file. Outlook will convert it to a message
> when it sends it.

The I must be doing something wrong.
I saved the template to the templates folder eg Auto Receipt.oft
Then I created a rule which said if I get an email from fred(a)somewhere.com
send C://program files/Microsoft Office/Templates/1oo3/Auto Receipt.oft
(the path is made up)
but this did not work.
Which bit is wrong?
--