From: VanguardLH on
Jim S wrote:

> Is there a way that I set up an individual address so that whenever I
> receive a mail from it Outlook automatically sends a receipt whether they
> ask for it or not?

Define a rule to auto-reply. If "individual address" means a specific
sender then, in the rule, test for that sender. If it meant a specific
account then add the clause to test for which account from which an
e-mail was retrieved.
From: Diane Poremsky on

Jim S wrote:
> Is there a way that I set up an individual address so that whenever I
> receive a mail from it Outlook automatically sends a receipt whether
> they
> ask for it or not?
>
> --
> Jim S
>
> Tyneside UK
> www.jimscott.co.uk

You can use a rule to send autoreplies - it won't be just a read
receipt, but a standard message.

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/) | 'Outlook & Exchange
Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com/)

'Outlook Tips by email'
(mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request(a)lists.outlooktips.net)
'EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange'
(mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST(a)PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM)

View this thread: http://www.outlookforums.com/showthread.php?t=45607

http://www.outlookforums.com

From: Jim S on
On Sat, 22 May 2010 10:58:57 -0500, VanguardLH wrote:

> Jim S wrote:
>
>> Is there a way that I set up an individual address so that whenever I
>> receive a mail from it Outlook automatically sends a receipt whether they
>> ask for it or not?
>
> Define a rule to auto-reply. If "individual address" means a specific
> sender then, in the rule, test for that sender. If it meant a specific
> account then add the clause to test for which account from which an
> e-mail was retrieved.

where is auto-reply in the list of options for the rule?
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK
From: Jim S on
On Sat, 22 May 2010 12:24:19 -0400, Diane Poremsky wrote:

> Jim S wrote:
>> Is there a way that I set up an individual address so that whenever I
>> receive a mail from it Outlook automatically sends a receipt whether
>> they
>> ask for it or not?
>>
>> --
>> Jim S
>>
>> Tyneside UK
>> www.jimscott.co.uk
>
> You can use a rule to send autoreplies - it won't be just a read
> receipt, but a standard message.

I don't see this in the list of rule options.

--
Jim S
Tyneside UK
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on

Jim S wrote:

> I don't see this in the list of rule options.

See http://slipstick.me/jing/rules_001.png - you want the option to
reply using a template. You need to make the template first.

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

View this thread: http://www.outlookforums.com/showthread.php?t=45607

http://www.outlookforums.com

 |  Next  |  Last