From: pauljdodd on
hi i was wondering if someone could help me.. i've downloaded some
episodes of lost from lime wire on avi format and was wondering if
there is anyway of getting them onto my ipod?

From: Chu-En Ginsberg on
pauljdodd(a)gmail.com wrote:
> hi i was wondering if someone could help me.. i've downloaded some
> episodes of lost from lime wire on avi format and was wondering if
> there is anyway of getting them onto my ipod?

Quicktime Pro: Export Movie to iPod.

Chu

--
chuenginsberg at mac dot com
From: Woody on
<pauljdodd(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> hi i was wondering if someone could help me.. i've downloaded some
> episodes of lost from lime wire on avi format and was wondering if
> there is anyway of getting them onto my ipod?

iSwipe. However, I find they work better if you convert them from avi to
something not very compressed like DV first. That way you don't get the
compression artifacts on big scene changes.

--
Woody

www.alienrat.com
From: Chris Ridd on
On 9/12/05 11:25, in article
1134170711.641675.198750(a)g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "pauljdodd(a)gmail.com"
<pauljdodd(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> hi i was wondering if someone could help me.. i've downloaded some
> episodes of lost from lime wire on avi format and was wondering if
> there is anyway of getting them onto my ipod?

Get a (free) program called Handbrake which will do the conversion for you.

Cheers,

Chis

From: Ian McCall on
On 2005-12-10 08:36:05 +0000, Chris Ridd <chrisridd(a)mac.com> said:

> On 9/12/05 11:25, in article
> 1134170711.641675.198750(a)g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "pauljdodd(a)gmail.com"
> <pauljdodd(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> hi i was wondering if someone could help me.. i've downloaded some
>> episodes of lost from lime wire on avi format and was wondering if
>> there is anyway of getting them onto my ipod?
>
> Get a (free) program called Handbrake which will do the conversion for you.

Does Handbrake convert individual files? I thought it only did DVDs (or
VIDEO_TS folders in general).

ffmpegx will do the export as well.

Cheers,
Ian