From: D.M. Procida on
I don't know exactly what Google Maps displays as its image, but I do
know that whatever it is it doesn't seem possible to copy the image.
What is it, and how does the browser display it?

Can Explorer for Windows copy it, by any chance?

Daniele
From: Andy Hewitt on
D.M. Procida <real-not-anti-spam-address(a)apple-juice.co.uk> wrote:

> I don't know exactly what Google Maps displays as its image, but I do
> know that whatever it is it doesn't seem possible to copy the image.
> What is it, and how does the browser display it?
>
> Can Explorer for Windows copy it, by any chance?

No it can't. I was actually trying that today, as I wanted to add some
text to a map. You can copy and past the entire page into another app
(like Word), but you end up with a page looking like the old sliding
tiles game.

The Goodle map is not one image, but a lot a smaller images knitted
together. If you click on the satelite view, you can see this more
clearly.

--
Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5) - FJ1200 ABS
Honda Civic: Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor)
From: David Kennedy on
D.M. Procida wrote:

> I don't know exactly what Google Maps displays as its image, but I do
> know that whatever it is it doesn't seem possible to copy the image.
> What is it, and how does the browser display it?

MultiMap is the same, you can't copy that - leastways not in any of the
Mozilla variants.

You can do it with Mapquest.com in safari though if you grab it and drag
it to the desktop.

--
David Kennedy

http://www.anindianinexile.com
From: Chris Ridd on
On 6/10/05 10:01, in article 1h416e9.1055q3z182a94zN%hairy.biker(a)gmail.com,
"Andy Hewitt" <hairy.biker(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> D.M. Procida <real-not-anti-spam-address(a)apple-juice.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I don't know exactly what Google Maps displays as its image, but I do
>> know that whatever it is it doesn't seem possible to copy the image.
>> What is it, and how does the browser display it?
>>
>> Can Explorer for Windows copy it, by any chance?
>
> No it can't. I was actually trying that today, as I wanted to add some
> text to a map. You can copy and past the entire page into another app
> (like Word), but you end up with a page looking like the old sliding
> tiles game.
>
> The Goodle map is not one image, but a lot a smaller images knitted
> together. If you click on the satelite view, you can see this more
> clearly.

The images might be referenced via CSS, which Safari won't let you
right-click on. Time for a screen shot...

Cheers,

Chris

From: D.M. Procida on
Andy Hewitt <hairy.biker(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > I don't know exactly what Google Maps displays as its image, but I do
> > know that whatever it is it doesn't seem possible to copy the image.
> > What is it, and how does the browser display it?
> >
> > Can Explorer for Windows copy it, by any chance?
>
> No it can't. I was actually trying that today, as I wanted to add some
> text to a map. You can copy and past the entire page into another app
> (like Word), but you end up with a page looking like the old sliding
> tiles game.

How can you do that (paste an entire page)?

> The Goodle map is not one image, but a lot a smaller images knitted
> together. If you click on the satelite view, you can see this more
> clearly.

But you still can't copy individual elements. Seems like a good way to
achieve the copy protection that many site owners desire.

Daniele
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Open a .qtch file