From: Chris Ridd on
On 6/10/05 10:35, in article
1128634535.002459.160290(a)o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com, "Ben Lings"
<Ben.Lings(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>> I don't know exactly what Google Maps displays as its image, but I do
> know that whatever it is it doesn't seem possible to copy the image.
> What is it, and how does the browser display it?
>
> This is why Apple gave us the Activity window (cmd + opt + A). Open it
> up, find the picture, double click it to open it in a new window...

Ah, good thinking.

Cheers,

Chris

From: Andy Hewitt on
Chris Ridd <chrisridd(a)mac.com> wrote:

> On 6/10/05 10:22, in article 1h417cc.1vduiws2tgyuqN%hairy.biker(a)gmail.com,
> "Andy Hewitt" <hairy.biker(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Chris Ridd <chrisridd(a)mac.com> wrote:
> >
> > [Snipped Text]

> >> The images might be referenced via CSS, which Safari won't let you
> >> right-click on. Time for a screen shot...
> >
> > It doesn't work on Window IE either, and I don't know how to do a
> > screenshot in Windows.
>
> Hit the Print Screen key. Various additional keys (shift, alt, etc) change
> it from whole screen to window to (etc), and I can never remember which one
> :-)

LOL, you're nearly as bad as me ;-)

> The image is put on the clipboard.

Thanks.

--
Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5) - FJ1200 ABS
Honda Civic: Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor)
From: Peter Ceresole on
Andy Hewitt <hairy.biker(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > The Goodle map is not one image, but a lot a smaller images knitted
> > > together. If you click on the satelite view, you can see this more
> > > clearly.
> >
> > But you still can't copy individual elements. Seems like a good way to
> > achieve the copy protection that many site owners desire.
>
> Correct, the image breaks up into its elements when you paste it, but
> not in the right sequence.

So what's wrong with Cmd-Shift-4 and selecting the area to copy? Any
part of that .pdf can be pasted into, for example, TextEdit.

Seems to work absolutely fine here. Or am I missing something?

As you might expect I'm using Firefox not Safari, but it should work the
same.
--
Peter
From: Andy Hewitt on
Peter Ceresole <peter(a)cara.demon.co.uk> wrote:

[Snipped Text]

> So what's wrong with Cmd-Shift-4 and selecting the area to copy? Any
> part of that .pdf can be pasted into, for example, TextEdit.
>
> Seems to work absolutely fine here. Or am I missing something?
>
> As you might expect I'm using Firefox not Safari, but it should work the
> same.

Know what, I haven't even thought of trying it on a Mac!

From: X Kyle M Thompson on
On Thu, 6 Oct 2005, Chris Ridd wrote:

>On 6/10/05 ><Ben.Lings(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> This is why Apple gave us the Activity window (cmd + opt + A). Open it
>> up, find the picture, double click it to open it in a new window...
>
>Ah, good thinking.

What's that? Where's that?
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4