From: Stephen Quinn on
Bill

> The field is defined in the fieldspec as 19 numeric with 4 dec pls,
> and holds a price amount.

OK that's the FieldSpec in VO
- now what's it defined as in the database

I believe VO numeric field type can be a max size 15.4 but you'll need to
check the help on that.

CYA
Steve

From: Geoff Schaller on
Steve,

The 'problem' with VO was that it allowed you to specify 19 so some
folks used it. In my classes this is converted to a DOUBLE but in
reality, 19 significant places is pure nonsense. But you are correct.
Some things crapped out when you used more than 15 but nor everything.

Geoff

From: Johan Nel on
Hi Bill,

Quite easy to change if you have MS Access on your computer, just
double click on the database, then under Tables get to the applicable
table, right click and select Design View. You will see your Number
fields and check at the bottom in the properties the Field size
property for any one that is set to Single. Just change to Double
from the Dropdown and save after you made all the applicable changes.

I am almost 100% sure that is what causes your problems, if I remember
correctly it was the exact problem I had when I converted from
DataBrowser to bBrowser. The VO Sql Classes return some odd Field Len/
Field Dec values for single (FieldDec > FieldLen). bBrowser I believe
uses this and that is what causes the problem.

Regards,

Johan Nel
Pretoria, South Africa.

From: Bill Tillick on
Hello All,
1. I don't have MS Access on my computer.
2. I have used the database facilities of OpenOffice to delete the
Price column and still got the same error referring to ARRAYGET with
argument 6, which Stephen suggested was the 6th column.
3. As I still had 6 columns in the database, I deleted the 6th column.
Now, with only 5 columns showing in bBrowser I still get exactly the
same error. B-----r!!

This is real head-scratching stuff! Thanks for all your persistence.

Regards,
Bill
From: Johan Nel on
Bill,

Can you verify the Type of the fields with OpenOffice and if there are
any of those columns with a Number/Single Field size property?

Johan.
On Jun 11, 12:00 pm, Bill Tillick <wtill...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
> 1. I don't have MS Access on my computer.
> 2. I have used the database facilities of OpenOffice to delete the
> Price column and still got the same error referring to ARRAYGET with
> argument 6, which Stephen suggested was the 6th column.
> 3. As I still had 6 columns in the database, I deleted the 6th column.
> Now, with only 5 columns showing in bBrowser I still get exactly the
> same error. B-----r!!
>
> This is real head-scratching stuff! Thanks for all your persistence.
>
> Regards,
> Bill

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6