From: Massimo Bighelli on
Bill,

AFAIK argument 6 is related to dbserver error
I see this when something structural is not correct in dbserver, fields, and
related

Massimo

From: Bill Tillick on
Next episode in the saga.....

1. I have used Access 2007 on another computer to access my .mdb
database. No problems experienced. Added new record OK.

2. I have modified my simple test program, firstly by removing the
bBrowser control. Then I tested with 2 other tables in the database,
one of which has only 3 columns - a numeric ID and 2 text fields.
Each crashed with exactly the same error as previously on the
server:append()!

It seems to me that the only common factor between the 3 tables is
that I have an autoincrement ID field?? I wonder if VO2.8 has a
problem with this?

Regards,
Bill
From: Johan Nel on
Hi Bill,

I use AutoIncrements everywhere in my code also on some Access databases.

Can you please supply a fully working example of the method that you use
when appending?

Regards,

Johan Nel
Pretoria, South Africa.

From: Bill Tillick on
Hi Johan,

I have an AEF (171KB) of my cut-down test program, but don't know how
to attach it to this message - if that's what you mean? Should I use

If you would like the database as well, that's another 420KB.

Thanks,
Bill

From: Johan Nel on
Hi Bill,

Just send me the AEF.

johan(dot)nel(at)xsinet(dot)co(dot)za

Regards,

Johan

Bill Tillick wrote:
> Hi Johan,
>
> I have an AEF (171KB) of my cut-down test program, but don't know how
> to attach it to this message - if that's what you mean? Should I use
>
> If you would like the database as well, that's another 420KB.
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6