From: hkoons on
I did a lot of googling after I last posted, checking out all that had been
mentioned, then put it to rest for a while.

I had hoped to pin down the talk of papajohn's profile alterations and give
it a run this evening but it doesn't look like its going to get that far.

I made an interesting observation. Actually 17 individual wmv files, not
what I previously stated as 13, were produced through PS3 (about 360 jpgs,
each having about 2500MB) totaling 440MB data. When this was put through WMM
it created a 5.6MB MSWMV working file, and delivered with the DV-AVI setting
a whopping 18.3GB DV-AVI file. That file when viewed looks absolutely
beautiful. My WINDVD Creator added chapters and a menu and produced a 2.7GB
DVD, although badly.

My real wonder is how in the world did that 440MB grow to 18+BG and produce
such stupendous results.

I buy your idea of segments. I just never thought I'd have to do it through
WMM, but I learn.

Now I have some homework to do on getting that 18+GB on a DVD and have it
look like something of which I can be proud.

I'll report my results, hopefully tomorrow. About the tread... It's only
very slightly alterred in that I'm trying to fit a good, big file on a DVD
for 1.3hr viewing.

You both have been a great help.
From: PapaJohn (MVP) on
Story files are typically much smaller than movie files.... I'm working on
a high definition one now - the story is 5+ MB and when run through Movie
Maker the movie is 73+ MB... kind of typical.

Technically it's a lot easier for a story to get from one keyframe to
another as all motion is in straight lines.... whereas movie frames jump all
over the place, needing lots more data to define the movements.
--
PapaJohn

Movie Maker 2 and Photo Story 3 website - http://www.papajohn.org
MM2 Tips and Tricks: http://www.simplydv.co.uk/simplyBB/viewtopic.php?t=4693
Online Newsletters: http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/PapaJohn/Index.aspx

From: Wojo on
I think maybe trying Papajohn's High-Def profile is the way to go and then I
would definitely recommend downloading the trial of Movie Factory and using
that to create your DVD and see if you like the results better, and I bet
you will. The fact is you get what you pay for in DVD Authoring and it has
been my experience that the programs that come free with drives are not the
best programs for the job. The rare exception is that sometimes you see
manufacturers running a special where the FULL version of Nero is included
with the purchase of a drive or something similar.
No dickmr I don't know you well enough to buy you a $400 program for your
birthday.
Or for that matter a $200 upgrade which is really all you need since you
have Movie Factory. :-)
You can find Papajohn's custom profiles on his website [Saving Movies ->
Custom WMV Profiles]
www.papajohn.org

--
-Wojo