From: Floyd L. Davidson on
John Navas <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 16:42:33 -0800, in <87hbk9pjt2.fld(a)apaflo.com>,
>floyd(a)apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:
>
>>John Navas <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>>>Your insulting and disparaging style indicates things that I'm too
>>>polite to mention. You really are a piece of work.
>>
>>So you can't argue with what I've said, and instead have
>>to claim that the truth is just an insult. ...
>
>How childish.
>Why do you act like an 8 year old?
>Your continued insults only serve to make you look worse.
>Grow up.

Er, John... the only one posting *gratuitous insults* is
you.

I responded logically to what you wrote, but your response
has nothing to do with what I wrote.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) floyd(a)apaflo.com
From: Floyd L. Davidson on
John Navas <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 16:55:26 -0800, in <87d3uxpj7l.fld(a)apaflo.com>,
>floyd(a)apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:
>
>>John Navas <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>>>Art is in the eye of the beholder, and what is art to one person,
>>>may not be art to another person, and vice versa.
>>
>>So if you don't find it to be pleasing, it isn't even
>>art eh?
>>
>>WRONG!
>
>One last time:
>Art is in the eye of the beholder, and what is art to one person,
>may not be art to another person, and vice versa.

Consider what you are saying (because it supports
exactly what I began with and have not deviated from).

If art is in the eye of the beholder, and *you* don't
see any art, then *you* are the one lacking (your are
the beholder) art.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) floyd(a)apaflo.com
From: tony cooper on
On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 22:19:03 -0400, "Peter"
<peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:

>Perhaps it's my hangup. I like to see some blurring to indicate motion.

Oh, man, have I taken some photos that you would *love*. I can get a
blurry photo of a dead log. In my Maxwell Smart voice: Would you
believe a falling log?

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: John McWilliams on
Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
> John Navas <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

<< Snipped bits out >>

> If art is in the eye of the beholder, and *you* don't
> see any art, then *you* are the one lacking (your are
> the beholder) art.

Floyd -

Why don't you spit the hook out and get on to something better??

--
lsmft
From: John Navas on
On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 17:37:53 -0800, in <874og9ph8u.fld(a)apaflo.com>,
floyd(a)apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:

>John Navas <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>>On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 16:55:26 -0800, in <87d3uxpj7l.fld(a)apaflo.com>,
>>floyd(a)apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:

>>>So if you don't find it to be pleasing, it isn't even
>>>art eh?
>>>
>>>WRONG!
>>
>>One last time:
>>Art is in the eye of the beholder, and what is art to one person,
>>may not be art to another person, and vice versa.
>
>Consider what you are saying (because it supports
>exactly what I began with and have not deviated from).
>
>If art is in the eye of the beholder, and *you* don't
>see any art, then *you* are the one lacking (your are
>the beholder) art.

Learn something about Art History before trying to pontificate and put
down others. Here's a good start that explores distinctions between
art, beauty, and science:

Joseph A. Goguen
What Is Art?
Editorial Introduction

IV: Conclusions

This essay has explored some the most popular definitions and
theories of art and beauty. We seem forced to conclude that it is
difficult, or even impossible, to define art and beauty, or to
adequately classify the complex relationships between art and
science. ...

QED.

Apology accepted.

--
John

"Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level
and then beat you with experience." -Dr. Alan Zimmerman