From: Caryl on
On May 27, 5:56 pm, "John Pollard" <8plus7...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, Quicken gives the Add Shares transaction a "transaction date" equal
> to the date of the transfer.  But it gives the Add Shares transaction a
> "Date Acquired" the same as the original (transferred) lot was acquired in
> the "from" account.  Usually both dates are just what one would want.

I forgot about the "Date Acquired" field. That does give all the
information that is needed except that one has to go to the edit
screen to see it, which is not as convenient as being on the
transactions page itself. I hope that I remember it the next time I
need a transaction date for one of my "add shares" stocks.

Caryl