From: PD on
On Aug 6, 10:18 am, rbwinn <rbwi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 31, 11:28 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Well, every other scientist I have discussed this with says the
> > > altitude stays the same.  You are the only one so far with a lower
> > > altitude.
>
> > I don't know what scientists you claimed to have talked to that have
> > told you otherwise.
> > Judging by the fact that you make up other statements out of thin air,
> > like train clocks varying from ground clocks in the tenth decimal
> > place and Etvos experiments in Vanguard missiles in 1958, I'm sure you
> > can understand why I think you've just made this up too.
>
> > PD
>
> Well, I spend all night lying awake worrying about what you think, PD.

I'm sure you don't care much at all that people don't trust what you
say. It must make it easier for you to lie through your teeth.

PD
From: PD on
On Aug 6, 10:17 am, rbwinn <rbwi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 31, 11:36 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > They say that velocity is the same from either frame of reference.
>
> > Who is "they", Robert?
>
> > Scientists say that v is the same in two INERTIAL frames of reference.
> > The frames of reference for a satellite are not inertial.
>
> > As I said, it would help if you learn what special and general
> > relativity actually say.
>
> At this point I do not care what they say.  I have proven them wrong.

No, you've not proven a thing, Robert. Perhaps you have proven to
yourself that what you THOUGHT special relativity and general
relativity say is wrong. But, you see, that isn't at all what they
really say, first of all. Secondly, you've only proven anything to
yourself. And I'm quite certain you could convince yourself of
anything you'd like.
From: PD on
On Aug 6, 10:13 am, rbwinn <rbwi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 3, 8:51 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I did not say anything about any frames of reference except S and S'
> > > as they are described by the Galilean transformation equations.
>
> > >                         x'=x-vt
> > >                         y'=y
> > >                         z'=z
> > >                         t'=t
>
> > > The equations say S is at rest and S' is moving.
>
> > No, they don't. Whatever gave you that ridiculous idea?
>
>                x'=x-vt

But you see, x'=x-vt is algebraically identical to x'+vt = x. Now you
see that S is moving and S' is at rest.
So you see, the equations do not say what you think they say.
From: PD on
On Aug 6, 10:12 am, rbwinn <rbwi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 31, 11:39 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Ignorant troll.  I will have to remember that.  Well, I have pretty
> > > much decided that I will use the Galilean transformation equations.
> > > You scientists decide for yourselves what you are going to do.
>
> > I'm not surprised that you would decide this. You come on the group
> > every now and again to say that you think people should be doing A.
> > When you find out that scientists are doing B, something other than A,
> > this confirms in your mind your conviction to do A.
>
> > By the way, scientists bathe regularly. This may account for your
> > decisions on this matter.
>
> So you claim I do not bathe often enough.  Well, go ahead and specify
> how often you think would be enough.

Did I say that, Robert? It seems that you draw lots of conclusions
that are completely outside what is actually said. This pertains
perhaps to your issues with relativity.

> What you are saying is that if someone does not conform to your edicts
> about personal hygiene, they should not be allowed to discuss
> relativity.

I didn't say that at all, Robert. You seem to have great difficulty
understanding the meaning of a sentence that is delivered to you. This
may pertain, as I said, to your difficulties absorbing what scientists
say. It seems they say one thing and you hear another. What is that
called, in psychological terms?

>  First of all, you do not know how often I bathe, and
> secondly, people in Europe during the time of Galileo did not bathe as
> often as people today, probably accounting for your bias against
> Galileo.

People in the time of Galileo also died in enormous numbers from
plagues due to bad hygiene, Robert. They also did not have running
water or internal plumbing. I've got no idea whether you've still got
running water or internal plumbing. I suppose it depends on whether
you choose to spend your deposit on internet service or on water
utility services. Since you don't drive, I hope the place where you
buy soap is near the church.