From: rbwinn on
On Jul 28, 6:27 pm, artful <artful...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 29, 10:40 am, rbwinn <rbwi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jul 25, 8:59 pm, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
>
> > > "rbwinn"  wrote in message

> > > BAHAHAHAHAHA

> > > What a novelty .. though you still couldn't manage answer with just a,b,c,
> > > or d for the answer .. what are you afraid of?

> > > So you answer was a ... why not just say so?
>
> > > So you agree with the x'=x, y'=y and z'=z of Galilean transforms (which
> > > apply between how different frames measure things)

> > > So you answer is b .. why not just say so?
>
> > > So you DISAGREE with the t'=t of Galilean transforms (which apply between
> > > how different frames measure things)
>
> > > What then IS the relationship between what a moving observer measures as the
> > > ticking rate of a clock, compared to when an observer at rest with the clock
> > > measures ?

> > > OK .. so by what you said above, you reject Galilean transforms as the
> > > relationship between what different observers measure for the lengths of
> > > objects and the rate at which clocks tick, instead you have *some* of the
> > > Galilean transforms applying
>
> > > x' = x
> > > y' = y
> > > z' = z
>
> > > but NOT the relationship t' = t for clocks (you say clocks are not measured
> > > to tick at the same rate, so they can't always show the same time)
>
> > > Now all you need to do is put in what the relationship between what a moving
> > > observer (S') reads on his clock, t', when an at-rest clock reading is
> > > reading t.  If you want to use different letters .. that doesn't matter ..
> > > its still describing the relationship between what the two clocks read.  So
> > > .. what is the relationship between what a moving clocks reads compared to
> > > an at-rest clock.
>
> > Well, I will try to explain this by Galileo's idea that the earth was
> > rotating on its axis.  Now suppose that we measure time in S and S' by
> > the rotation of the earth.
>
> The rotation of the earth is a clock in its own frame only.  Unless
> you can take that clock with you in some other frame, it doesn't count
> as clock in that frame.  So it is irrelevant what the relationship
> between clocks in different frames.
>
> >     t'=t.
>
> No .. you just showed that t' = t does NOT apply for what clock
>
> So .. what is the relationship between what a clocks at rest in one
> frame reads compared to that of a clock at rest in some other frame?
> We knot it is not t' = t.
>
> [snip another non-answer from dishonest troll rbwinn]

I am not the one saying that a slower clock gives the same velocity as
a faster clock.
From: rbwinn on
On Jul 28, 6:28 pm, artful <artful...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 29, 10:51 am, rbwinn <rbwi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Equations do not show what the results of measurements are.
> > > Measurements do. Actual measurements.

> > Actual measurements.  I will have to remember that.  What about
> > measurements of rotations of moons of Jupiter?
>
> You're nothing but an ignorant trol

Ignorant troll. I will have to remember that. Well, I have pretty
much decided that I will use the Galilean transformation equations.
You scientists decide for yourselves what you are going to do.
From: whoever on
"rbwinn" wrote in message
>I am not the one saying that a slower clock gives the same velocity as
>a faster clock.

You're the one not answering the simple question (because you're an ignorant
troll): What is the relationship between what a clocks at rest in one frame
reads compared to that of a clock at rest in some other frame? We know it is
not t' = t.

From: Paul B. Andersen on
On 29.07.2010 01:56, rbwinn wrote:
> [...]

Close, but not quite.
Due to the mass of the Moon the speeds would be slightly different.
Objects fall at the same speed only if their masses are negligible
compared to the mass of the gravitating body (the Earth).
The mass of the Moon isn't negligible.

Quite.
And here is what they would calculate:

Look at this animation:
http://home.c2i.net/pb_andersen/Satellites.html
Choose the scenario: "Circ. Moon orbit + Moon orbit".
The red satellite is in Moon orbit.
The relative rate difference is 6.808E-10 at aphelion
and 6.783E-10 at perihelion.
The rate varies slightly because of the eccentricity, but it is
always _fast_.

Now, look at this animation:
(Not quite finished and probably never will be)
http://home.c2i.net/pb_andersen/EarthMoon.html
Choose the sceneario "High altitude satellite".
Ignore the green satellite, we are only interested in
the dark grey Moon.
The "Moons clock rel. rate difference" is the rate of a clock on
the Moon's surface, facing the Earth.
It is 6.494E-10 at aphelion and 6.468E-10 at perihelion.

The rate is slightly less than for the satellite clock. That is because
of the Moon's gravity; the gravitational potential difference is less
for the Moon clock than for the satellite clock.

According to Galilean relativity all clocks run at the same rate.
But they don't.
So what can we conclude from that fact?

Nope. Faster.

[..]