From: rbwinn on
On Jul 23, 4:35 pm, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
> "rbwinn"  wrote in message

> >> What a dishonest way of ignoring that you've just proved yourself wrong.
> >> Galilean transforms mean time is the same everywhere, reality shows
> >> otherwise, so Galilean transforms do not work in realirty.  Simple.  And
> >> you
> >> just proved it yourself
>
> >Well, I am just using the Galilean transformation equations to
> >describe the rotation of the earth.
>
> They say the time is the same everywhere, whether you talk about earth of a
> spaceship or the sun or some little green man on the other side of the
> universe.
>
> >  For you scientists, the earth
> > rotates every 24 hours.
>
> Close enough.  Galilean transforms say ALL correct clocks will agree on
> that.  But in reality it depends on who measures it.  As your own example
> shows.
>
> >  From S the earth rotates once every 24
> > hours.  From S', the earth rotates once every 24 hours.
>
> Nope .. you just showed that from a missile it take less time to rotate.
> Try to keep up.
>
> >  The Galilean
> >transformation equations show this with the equation t'=t.
>
> Yes they do .. glad you agree.
>
> > See, 24
> >hours = 24 hours.  Amazing how mathematics works.
>
> And how it doesn't correspond to reality in this case.  Because according to
> the time in a missile, it takes less than 24 hours.

I am talking about reality, Inertial. The earth rotates every 24
hours. You claim it does not. Whether you are viewing the earth from
S or S', the earth rotates once every 24 hours. So now you have two
clocks running at different rates. One shows the earth rotating once
every twenty four hours, the other shows it rotating in less than 24
hours. That would be the one in the nosecone of the missile.
How fast is the missile going?
If you measure the speed of the missile by t', the rotation of the
earth, it goes a certain number of miles during a certain number of
degrees of rotation. You get the same result from t using degrees of
rotation or the clock in S which shows t. The clock in S' shows a
faster speed because less time has elapsed on the clock in the
nosecone of the missile. These are just physical facts, Inertial.
Sorry.
From: whoever on
"rbwinn" wrote in message

On Jul 23, 4:35 pm, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
> "rbwinn" wrote in message

> >> What a dishonest way of ignoring that you've just proved yourself
> >> wrong.
> >> Galilean transforms mean time is the same everywhere, reality shows
> >> otherwise, so Galilean transforms do not work in realirty. Simple.
> >> And
> >> you
> >> just proved it yourself
>
> >Well, I am just using the Galilean transformation equations to
> >describe the rotation of the earth.
>
> They say the time is the same everywhere, whether you talk about earth of
> spaceship or the sun or some little green man on the other side of the
> universe.
>
> > For you scientists, the earth
> > rotates every 24 hours.
>
> Close enough. Galilean transforms say ALL correct clocks will agree on
> that. But in reality it depends on who measures it. As your own example
> shows.
>
> > From S the earth rotates once every 24
> > hours. From S', the earth rotates once every 24 hours.
>
> Nope .. you just showed that from a missile it take less time to rotate.
> Try to keep up.
>
> > The Galilean
> >transformation equations show this with the equation t'=t.
>
> Yes they do .. glad you agree.
>
> > See, 24
> >hours = 24 hours. Amazing how mathematics works.
>
> And how it doesn't correspond to reality in this case. Because according
> the time in a missile, it takes less than 24 hours.

> I am talking about reality, Inertial.

No .. you're not. You're making up nonsense and pretending it is reality.
Big difference.

> The earth rotates every 24
> hours.

As measured here on earth .. yes. Not as measured by the missle. You just
showed that .. less time elapses on the missile .. so the earth must spin
faster according to its clocks. Its very simple,

> You claim it does not.

Not as measured by the missile.

> Whether you are viewing the earth from
> S or S',

Nope .. when S' is the missile you get less than 24 hours for a rotation of
the earth according to its clocks.

> the earth rotates once every 24 hours.

As measured here .. not as measured on the missile

> So now you have two
> clocks running at different rates.

So one will show the earth rotating every 24 hours and the other show it
rotating in less. Simple, isn't it

> One shows the earth rotating once
> every twenty four hours, the other shows it rotating in less than 24
> hours.

That's what I just said

> That would be the one in the nosecone of the missile.

My goodness .. did it take you all the time for you to work that out ..
you're very slow on the uptake.

> How fast is the missile going?

I don't know .. you'd have to measure it

> If you measure the speed of the missile by t', the rotation of the
> earth,

Not accurate enough really .. atomic clocks are better clocks.

> it goes a certain number of miles during a certain number of
> degrees of rotation.

That's not a speed. That's a ration of distance to rotation.

> You get the same result from t using degrees of
> rotation or the clock in S which shows t.

Assuming that you dod the right calculation, yes you would

> The clock in S' shows a
> faster speed because less time has elapsed on the clock in the
> nosecone of the missile.

According to the mosecone, the missile doesn't move .. the nosecone is still
in its own frame of reference. If you are working out speed, you have to
use the same frame of reference for the clock and the distance measurement.

So .. what distance are you using when dividing by the time on the nosecone
clock?

> These are just physical facts, Inertial.

You ignore facts, rbwinn, otherwise you would drop your nonsense about
Galilean transforms (which predict the same tiem everywhere) being correct ,
when your own example shows that they aren't.

From: whoever on
"rbwinn" wrote in message
>On Jul 23, 4:31 pm, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
>> I point out that experimental evidence PROVES what you say is wrong.
>> Galilean transforms are refuted by experimental evidence.
[snip]
> There is no contradiction,

Wrong. Stop your lying rbwinn. Galilean transforms say that correct clocks
will show the same time regardless of where they are or how fast they are
travelling. Experiment proves they do not. That's a contradiction and it
means Galilean transforms cannot be used for predicting the time on correct
clocks. I've given you a little hint of how you can escape the
contradiction .. are you going to use it?

From: rbwinn on
On Jul 24, 4:22 am, "whoever" <whoe...(a)whereever.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> Assuming that you dod the right calculation, yes you would
>
> >  The clock in S' shows a
> > faster speed because less time has elapsed on the clock in the
> > nosecone of the missile.
>
> According to the mosecone, the missile doesn't move .. the nosecone is still
> in its own frame of reference.  If you are working out speed, you have to
> use the same frame of reference for the clock and the distance measurement.
>
> So .. what distance are you using when dividing by the time on the nosecone
> clock?
>
> >  These are just physical facts, Inertial.
>
> You ignore facts, rbwinn, otherwise you would drop your nonsense about
> Galilean transforms (which predict the same tiem everywhere) being correct ,
> when your own example shows that they aren't.
>
> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: n...(a)netfront.net ---

Hey, I believe the same thing Galileo believed. The earth rotates.
If you want to believe it contracts in length, go ahead. Your math
does not work.
From: rbwinn on
On Jul 24, 4:25 am, "whoever" <whoe...(a)whereever.com> wrote:
> "rbwinn"  wrote in message

> >On Jul 23, 4:31 pm, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
> >> I point out that experimental evidence PROVES what you say is wrong.
> >> Galilean transforms are refuted by experimental evidence.
> [snip]
> > There is no contradiction,
>
> Wrong.  Stop your lying rbwinn.  Galilean transforms say that correct clocks
> will show the same time regardless of where they are or how fast they are
> travelling.  Experiment proves they do not.  That's a contradiction and it
> means Galilean transforms cannot be used for predicting the time on correct
> clocks.  I've given you a little hint of how you can escape the
> contradiction .. are you going to use it?
>
> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: n...(a)netfront.net ---

I am going to keep using the Galilean transformation equations. They
are the correct equations.