From: Andrew on
Am 01.08.2010 12:18, schrieb Peter:

> And can all networked pcs ping each other pc's ip?

yes pinging is possible for every user being logged on at a time

(me = Andrew)

pc1 user 1/me <--ping--> pc2 user 1/me

Andrew

From: Andrew on
Am 01.08.2010 07:14, schrieb Raoul Watson:

> Have you tried setting the Security special permission for User 1 on PC
> 1 (i.e. specifically denying access?) Even this can be problematic
> because if he prints, he will be using spool32.dll and that probably
> requires writing to a spool file. I am not sure in that case if the user
> will be "System" or if it would be *that* user. I say give special
> permission a shot.

> Basically you would right-mouse click on the folder(s) and using the
> Security tab, set a "deny" special permission. I would assume deny "List
> Folders" and "Read" would be sufficient.

I know about these special permissions. Since i don´t (quite) understand
them i have never "messed" with them. Since i don´t have an us version
of XP i don´t know how the tab below special permission is called. If
you click on that another window opens up with even more "special
permissions". I only once messed with these (but not on one of the pcs
mentioned) and had a lot of "fun" afterwards. It has to do with
inheritance of right to folders and so

Andrew
From: Raoul Watson on
Andrew wrote:
> Am 01.08.2010 07:14, schrieb Raoul Watson:
>
>> Have you tried setting the Security special permission for User 1 on PC
>> 1 (i.e. specifically denying access?) Even this can be problematic
>> because if he prints, he will be using spool32.dll and that probably
>> requires writing to a spool file. I am not sure in that case if the user
>> will be "System" or if it would be *that* user. I say give special
>> permission a shot.
>

>> Basically you would right-mouse click on the folder(s) and using the
>> Security tab, set a "deny" special permission. I would assume deny "List
>> Folders" and "Read" would be sufficient.
>
> I know about these special permissions. Since i don´t (quite) understand
> them i have never "messed" with them. Since i don´t have an us version
> of XP i don´t know how the tab below special permission is called. If
> you click on that another window opens up with even more "special
> permissions". I only once messed with these (but not on one of the pcs
> mentioned) and had a lot of "fun" afterwards. It has to do with
> inheritance of right to folders and so
>

> Andrew

"Special Permissions" is just the term I use. The Tab is called
"Security" --then there is an "Advanced" button that takes you into
"Special Permissions" --it would be the same tab in Dutch, German, or
Swedish, except it would be in that language.
From: Andrew on
Am 01.08.2010 16:40, schrieb Raoul Watson:

> "Special Permissions" is just the term I use. The Tab is called
> "Security" --then there is an "Advanced" button that takes you into
> "Special Permissions" --it would be the same tab in Dutch, German, or
> Swedish, except it would be in that language.

"advanced" was the word i was looking for :) thanks

Andrew
From: Peter on
In article <i33th8$p6n$03$1(a)news.t-online.com>, vnc_service(a)t-online.de
says...
> Am 01.08.2010 12:18, schrieb Peter:
>

> > And can all networked pcs ping each other pc's ip?
> >

> yes pinging is possible for every user being logged on at a time
>
> (me = Andrew)
>

> pc1 user 1/me <--ping--> pc2 user 1/me

On further investigation, it does look like a permissions issue of some
kind, like you stated. Unfortunately, can't help on that. Sorry.

--
Pete Ives
First  |  Prev  |