From: Trev on
I have my own dot co dot uk domain. I want this to appear in the
"from" field in sent messages. At the moment I'm stuck with my ISP
address. I've changed the " reply to" address in options but that does
not change the "from" display.

Outlook 2007

Can someone help?

thanks
--

Trev (Milnrow, UK)
From: DL on
You set the address when you create / modify the mail account. I assume you
created an account with your domain settings? Presumably your domain has a
mail box?

From: VanguardLH on
Trev wrote:

> I have my own dot co dot uk domain. I want this to appear in the
> "from" field in sent messages. At the moment I'm stuck with my ISP
> address. I've changed the " reply to" address in options but that does
> not change the "from" display.
>
> Outlook 2007
>
> Can someone help?
>
> thanks

Okay, so you have your own domain that is registered. So what? That
doesn't mean you have a mail server running on a host that uses that domain.
Just WHO is going to receive and send e-mails when you use that domain in
your e-mail address?
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Trev" <trev(a)belt-man.co.uk> wrote in message

>I have my own dot co dot uk domain. I want this to appear in the
> "from" field in sent messages. At the moment I'm stuck with my ISP
> address. I've changed the " reply to" address in options but that does
> not change the "from" display.
>
> Outlook 2007
>
> Can someone help?

Click Tools>Account Settings, select the E-mail Accounts tab, select the
account you want to display the address and click Change. Enter the address
you want the recipient to see in the "E-Mail" field.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Trev on
On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 08:06:52 -0500, "Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]"
<tillman1952(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>"Trev" <trev(a)belt-man.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>I have my own dot co dot uk domain. I want this to appear in the
>> "from" field in sent messages. At the moment I'm stuck with my ISP
>> address. I've changed the " reply to" address in options but that does
>> not change the "from" display.
>>
>> Outlook 2007
>>
>> Can someone help?
>
>Click Tools>Account Settings, select the E-mail Accounts tab, select the
>account you want to display the address and click Change. Enter the address
>you want the recipient to see in the "E-Mail" field.

My account is already set up like this but the name that appears at
the recipients end is the "username" under the login information.

http://www.trevclarke.110mb.com/outlook.jpg

Or am I missing something?

thanks