From: Bruce Parent on
uninstalled avast with their removal tool by their recommendation. restart.
removed ad-aware with programs and feature under control panel. restart.
now only malwarebytes is installed. tried search for updates under windows
update
still got 80070005 error.
restart in safe mode. could not even open windows update window.
next ???
I will be competing in bridge tournament wed-sat. limited availability.
cannot begin rebuild of system until next week.
I have avast, avira, comodo downloads available. also adaware, malwarebytes.

--
Bruce Parent

From: Bruce Parent on
exported ms mail files to local D: drive folder export2.
tried to copy folder to remote drive F: failed sort of would not copy file
properties.
tried to export ms mail files to remote F: drive folder export.
failed. could not copy. F: 127 Gigabytes free D: 156 Gigabyes free
export2 folder 43 Megabytes used.
Next ??? wish to save mail
backup and restore utility for export2 folder ? I have not used this tool ?
backup to CD? backup to remote drive (hard drive F: usb connect)?
Next ???
--
Bruce Parent

From: MowGreen on
Bruce Parent wrote:
> uninstalled avast with their removal tool by their recommendation. restart.
> removed ad-aware with programs and feature under control panel. restart.
> now only malwarebytes is installed. tried search for updates under windows
> update
> still got 80070005 error.
> restart in safe mode. could not even open windows update window.
> next ???
> I will be competing in bridge tournament wed-sat. limited availability.
> cannot begin rebuild of system until next week.
> I have avast, avira, comodo downloads available. also adaware, malwarebytes.
>
> -- Bruce Parent

Click the Start orb > in the Start search field type in
wuapp

wuapp.exe should now be showing under Programs.

*Right click* wuapp.exe and choose Properties.
Click the Security tab.

Please provide *the entire list* that is now showing under 'Group or
user names'.

MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com
From: Bruce Parent on
wuapp group or user names
system
administrators(bapare47-laptop\administrators)
users(bapare47-laptop\users)
trustedinstaller
permissions for system
read & execute
read
advanced settings under peermissions
effective permissions tab
all item boxes medium gray

i can get win 7 home premium or win 7 ultimate (not win 7 pro) upgrade
launch from vista
ask for clean install and get full install preserving drives other than c:
all 3party apps need to be reinstalled
I can search for earlier system restore points
maybe taken automatically during updates

other 5/4 entry:

From: MowGreen on
What are the Permissions for the below Users ?

Users (bapare47-Laptop\Users)
TrustedInstaller

Please try another search for updates, Bruce. When/if the Access Denied
error (80070005) appears, close Windows Update and click the Start orb.
In the Start Search field type in windowsupdate.log
Under Programs, click on windowsupdate.log

After it opens scroll all the way to the bottom for the most recent entries.
Please copy and paste at least the *last* 50 or so lines of the log into
your reply.

As to the Windows Mail issue, I have no experience using it. If you need
assistance preserving the files suggest you post here, Bruce:

Networking, Email, and Getting Online
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vistanetworking/threads

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY