From: moonpie on
On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 23:28:37 +0000 (UTC), Glennbo
<vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote:

>In news:bvydnQDx79CTOofRnZ2dnUVZ_hGdnZ2d(a)earthlink.com the killer robot
>"Rick Paul" <rickpaul(a)earthlink.net> grabbed the controls of the
>spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

>>> I crashed one too many times in Sonar which is why I use Reaper now.
>>
>> If the reverb plug-in that crashed SONAR is the FxReverb one, you
>> couldn't possibly crash Reaper with that because it wouldn't be usable
>> at all as that one works only in SONAR. :-)
>
>And likewise you couldn't load the reverbs that come with Reaper into Sonar
>(you can with the free 32 bit version of the same plugs though). :)

Does Reaper come with its own reverbs, or do you have to buy third
party reverb VST plug ins for it?

From: Sue Morton on
"Glennbo" wrote:
> It's as easy as 1, 2, 3, A, B, C, X, Y, Z!!! ;)

x 11!!!!

bwwwhaaaaaaaahaaaa

Jeff I'm glad you found a workaround. This kind of thing has happened
to me in Sonar, too, and I've not been able to find a way out every
time.

If you haven't tried this, open the old project in 'safe mode' (hold
down shift key while using File -> open and selecting your project)...
Sonar will prompt you for each plug it loads or you can disable the lot.
I disable the lot and see if the project plays. If it does, then I can
reopen it and try enabling plugins one or a few at a time. I'll either
find out which one now makes it crash, or if there are enough plugins
I'll usually reach the point where I've enabled enough of them and it's
still fine. In which case I'll do save-as on the project to a new name,
then remove re-insert the remaining plugins in the new copy. Only a few
times has this approach not worked. Six on one hand and half-dozen on
the other, though, as to which is faster -- this method or yours.
Depends on the project... YMMV...
--
Sue Morton

From: Sue Morton on
LOL LOL LOL LOL
--
Sue Morton

From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> The killer robot moonpie <mr_rc_moonpie(a)yahoo.com> grabbed the controls
> of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> >>And likewise you couldn't load the reverbs that come with Reaper into
> >>Sonar (you can with the free 32 bit version of the same plugs though).
> >> :)
> >

> > Does Reaper come with its own reverbs, or do you have to buy third
> > party reverb VST plug ins for it?
>
> It comes with some basic plugins, but unlike Sonar, Reaper isn't all
> about plugins. It's about the core DAW. I seldom use any of the plugins
> that come with Reaper, because over the years I've gotten my own
> collection of effects that I prefer to use, so plugins isn't something I
> need or even want to be incuded with my DAW software.
>
> I view it somewhat like a stereo system. If you buy the one that comes
> with everything, you'll almost certainly get lower quality components
> across the board. I've always hand picked all my audio and video
> components separately, and would never buy a "all-in-one" system.
>
> Same goes for my DAW and the other components of my studio, like FX.

Just curious, what are you using for reverb and delay?
(I know you still use dbAudioware and Timeworks stuff...me too)

Poly

From: moonpie on
On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 13:56:33 +0000 (UTC), Glennbo
<vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote:

>The killer robot moonpie <mr_rc_moonpie(a)yahoo.com> grabbed the controls
>of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>>>And likewise you couldn't load the reverbs that come with Reaper into
>>>Sonar (you can with the free 32 bit version of the same plugs though).
>>> :)
>>

>> Does Reaper come with its own reverbs, or do you have to buy third
>> party reverb VST plug ins for it?
>
>It comes with some basic plugins, but unlike Sonar, Reaper isn't all
>about plugins. It's about the core DAW. I seldom use any of the plugins
>that come with Reaper, because over the years I've gotten my own
>collection of effects that I prefer to use, so plugins isn't something I
>need or even want to be incuded with my DAW software.

ok. I'm confused. Does Reaper come with any kind of built-in reverb,
or do you have something else that you provided on your own, from your
own collection?
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: cannot view synth rack