From: moonpie on
On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 15:40:58 +0000 (UTC), Glennbo
<vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote:

>The killer robot moonpie <mr_rc_moonpie(a)yahoo.com> grabbed the controls
>of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>>>It comes with some basic plugins, but unlike Sonar, Reaper isn't all
>>>about plugins. It's about the core DAW. I seldom use any of the
>>>plugins that come with Reaper, because over the years I've gotten my
>>>own collection of effects that I prefer to use, so plugins isn't
>>>something I need or even want to be incuded with my DAW software.
>>

>> ok. I'm confused. Does Reaper come with any kind of built-in reverb,
>> or do you have something else that you provided on your own, from your
>> own collection?
>
>It comes with one called "ReaVerb", which is a convolution verb, and it
>comes with another one called ReaVerberate, which is based on the really
>good "Freeverb" engine. Although it comes with these, I use others I've
>acquired over the years. Almost every plugin that came with Sonar, works
>fine in Reaper. I've used PerfectSpace in Reaper on some of my songs,
>which is the convolution verb that comes with Sonar.
>
>The bottom line in my book is to *not* pick a DAW based on what plugins
>it comes with, but by how the core DAW software performs in terms of
>functionality, efficiency, reliability, and low latency. You wouldn't
>make the decision to buy a car, based on the radio in the dash would you?

I just wanted to make sure it either came with something, or perhaps
there was something decent I could get to work, that was free,
somewhere. Not interested in buying anymore plug ins or whatever,
right now...
From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> The killer robot "polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls
> of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

> >> It comes with some basic plugins, but unlike Sonar, Reaper isn't all
> >> about plugins. It's about the core DAW. I seldom use any of the
> >> plugins that come with Reaper, because over the years I've gotten my
> >> own collection of effects that I prefer to use, so plugins isn't
> >> something I need or even want to be incuded with my DAW software.
> >>
> >> I view it somewhat like a stereo system. If you buy the one that
> >> comes with everything, you'll almost certainly get lower quality
> >> components across the board. I've always hand picked all my audio
> >> and video components separately, and would never buy a "all-in-one"
> >> system.
> >>
> >> Same goes for my DAW and the other components of my studio, like FX.
> >
> > Just curious, what are you using for reverb and delay?
> > (I know you still use dbAudioware and Timeworks stuff...me too)
>
> Mostly I use the Pantheon verb. Even though it doesn't have the glassy
> tails like a convolution verb that everybody thinks is so important, it
has
> a very nice room sound that sits well in a mix and doesn't muddy things
up.

> For a delay, I use either the Sonitus or ReaDelay, both of which can lock
> onto the song's tempo, but on your Minimoog solo in the new toon, I'm
using
> the guitar pedal based delay that's part of Freeamp2, which I ran your
Mini
> through. That delay is not sync'd to the tempo of the song, and as such
> has a delay that is not on the money, beat-wise with the song.

Thanks for the info!

Poly

From: moonpie on
On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 16:33:08 +0000 (UTC), Glennbo
<vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote:

>The killer robot moonpie <mr_rc_moonpie(a)yahoo.com> grabbed the controls of
>the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>> I just wanted to make sure it either came with something, or perhaps
>> there was something decent I could get to work, that was free,
>> somewhere. Not interested in buying anymore plug ins or whatever,
>> right now...
>
>If you download and install the fully functioning free 30 day demo (which
>doesn't even stop working after 30 days), you'll know exactly what it comes
>with, as the Reaper *demo* is the complete full uncrippled product.

thanks for the info
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: cannot view synth rack