From: Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton on
source at:
http://github.com/lkcl/grailbrowser

$ python grail.py (note the lack of "python1.5" or "python2.4")

conversion of the 80 or so regex's to re has been carried out.
entirely successfully or not is a matter yet to be determined. always
a hoot to try browsing http://www.bbc.co.uk or http://www.youtube.com
with a browser from 11+ years ago, it still cannot be resisted as
grail is the only working graphical web browser in the world written
in pure python [pybrowser is still in development, stalled].

l.
From: rantingrick on
On Jul 10, 10:59 pm, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<luke.leigh...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> source at:http://github.com/lkcl/grailbrowser
>
> $ python grail.py (note the lack of "python1.5" or "python2.4")
>
> conversion of the 80 or so regex's to re has been carried out.
> entirely successfully or not is a matter yet to be determined.  always
> a hoot to try browsinghttp://www.bbc.co.ukorhttp://www.youtube.com
> with a browser from 11+ years ago, it still cannot be resisted as
> grail is the only working graphical web browser in the world written
> in pure python [pybrowser is still in development, stalled].
>
> l.

Congratulations on this effort Luke. However you know what project i
would really like to see the community get around? ...dramatic pause
here... a cross platform Python file browser! Yes i know there are
tons of them out there already and Python is a bit slow, but i think
it would be useful to many peoples.
From: Aahz on
In article <mailman.543.1278820792.1673.python-list(a)python.org>,
Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <luke.leighton(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>$ python grail.py (note the lack of "python1.5" or "python2.4")

Congrats!
--
Aahz (aahz(a)pythoncraft.com) <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"....Normal is what cuts off your sixth finger and your tail..." --Siobhan
From: Aahz on
In article <c0b6380d-c7e5-48a2-9d6c-96eaa3456b20(a)e5g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,
rantingrick <rantingrick(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Congratulations on this effort Luke. However you know what project i
>would really like to see the community get around? ...dramatic pause
>here... a cross platform Python file browser! Yes i know there are
>tons of them out there already and Python is a bit slow, but i think
>it would be useful to many peoples.

As usual, you would rather tell other people what to do instead of doing
any work yourself.

From: rantingrick on
On Jul 11, 9:01 am, a...(a)pythoncraft.com (Aahz) wrote:

> As usual, you would rather tell other people what to do instead of doing
> any work yourself.

Dear God! My statement was intended to fetch responses like...

"Hey, that sounds like a great idea" or \
"Hey, lets get hacking on this".

I am so sick of you people constantly accusing me of being lazy. You
don't even know me. Also i think you're really a bit jealous because i
have the brass cohones to initiate a coding project without your
express written permission. I will not allow myself to be brow beaten
by anyone!