From: Geoff on
On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 10:36:58 -0400, Dr_Kral(a)nyc.rr.com.invalid wrote:

>>>Why not use .invalid domain instead?
>>
>>I did and was told that this was wrong by Dr_Kal !!
>
>Geoff,
>
>I said that <geoff(a)invalid.com> was a VALID e-mail address and therefore
>you should not use it. Take a look at the home page of <invalid.com>
>
>The domain <invalid.invalid> does not exist at the pressent.

I see - had not realised that.

re that other matter - I think I may have got the message?!

http://www.micro-active.com/a-wm2/a-test-reshow2.htm

Cheers

Geoff

From: Dr J R Stockton on
In comp.lang.javascript message <dm29q5dm1mismeqm7t9oqei35cr9tioseb(a)4ax.
com>, Sat, 20 Mar 2010 08:44:20, Geoff <gcoxexcludethispart(a)freeuk.com>
posted:

>>I hope Ihave removed the invalid.com type email address for myself.
>>
>>Does this seem OK?

It's a bit hard on Gareth Charles O'Xenophon Excludethispart, if he
should happen to be a freeuk.com user. For that sort of reason, and
others, using a made-up left part at freeuk should be prohibited by
freeuk's terms & conditions.

You should use either an address that you have a positive right to use,
or something ending in .invalid, so that nice people know that it is not
really an address.

If the .invalid is removed, then either
- it should leave an address that you have a positive right to use;
- it should leave something which will, under current or
foreseeable rules, be easily seen as not deliverable.

However, it may be helpful if the address is recognisably, by a human,
probably yours.

Similar considerations apply to message-IDs; in the past, most of the
spam that was directed at me was directed to a full or partial message-
ID.

The personal name that you use in a set of related newsgroups,
independently of the E-address, should be probably-unique. A single
common name is not enough.

Proper <= 4-line sig. separator as above, a line exactly "-- " (RFCs 5536/7)
Do not Mail News to me. Before a reply, quote with ">" or "> " (RFCs 5536/7)
From: Geoff on
On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 16:22:01 +0000, Dr J R Stockton
<reply1011(a)merlyn.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>In comp.lang.javascript message <dm29q5dm1mismeqm7t9oqei35cr9tioseb(a)4ax.
>com>, Sat, 20 Mar 2010 08:44:20, Geoff <gcoxexcludethispart(a)freeuk.com>
>posted:
>
>>>I hope Ihave removed the invalid.com type email address for myself.
>>>
>>>Does this seem OK?
>
>It's a bit hard on Gareth Charles O'Xenophon Excludethispart, if he
>should happen to be a freeuk.com user. For that sort of reason, and
>others, using a made-up left part at freeuk should be prohibited by
>freeuk's terms & conditions.

I have changed yet again - to

geoff(a)invalid.invalid

perhaps this is better?

Cheers

Geoff

From: Dr_Kral on
On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 01:56:41 +0000, Geoff <geoff(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in
<m1vaq5h3o8ftdev6q1scunigjp4sniecut(a)4ax.com>:

>re that other matter - I think I may have got the message?!
>
>http://www.micro-active.com/a-wm2/a-test-reshow2.htm

Geoff,

Yes, have got the faintest bit of it.

This constant over control makes the questionnaire quite unusable for
reasons I already discussed.

You might start with the other questionnaire form you referenced and add
the few lines of code to show/hide the explanatory Q&A.

K.
From: Geoff on
On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 13:53:16 -0400, Dr_Kral(a)nyc.rr.com.invalid wrote:

>On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 01:56:41 +0000, Geoff <geoff(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in
><m1vaq5h3o8ftdev6q1scunigjp4sniecut(a)4ax.com>:
>
>>re that other matter - I think I may have got the message?!
>>
>>http://www.micro-active.com/a-wm2/a-test-reshow2.htm
>
>Geoff,
>
>Yes, have got the faintest bit of it.
>
>This constant over control makes the questionnaire quite unusable for
>reasons I already discussed.
>
>You might start with the other questionnaire form you referenced and add
>the few lines of code to show/hide the explanatory Q&A.

K.

I have done exact;y that!

Cheers

Geoff