From: Evertjan. on
Dr J R Stockton wrote on 27 mrt 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:

>>True. If one tests each button in a set, then they all can be not
>>checked but this is not possible to do onclick of any of the se .
>>Onclick with a radio button one must have checked==true and that was
>>where the testing was done.
>
> <input type=radio onclick="this.checked=false" checked>

Possible but illegal, even starting up without one of the radio group is.

Even nicer, but also illegal, is usung the radio as a checkbox.

This will not work,
at least in Chrome,
as the onclick follows the checking:

<input type=radio onclick="this.checked=!this.checked" checked>

This will:

<script type='text/javascript'>
var toggle=true
</script>

<label>
<input type=radio
onclick="this.checked=toggle=!toggle" checked>
Toggle me</label>

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
From: Dr_Kral on
On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 18:54:46 +0000, Dr J R Stockton
<reply1012(a)merlyn.demon.co.uk> wrote in
<YCUW9MN2RlrLFw9Q(a)invalid.uk.co.demon.merlyn.invalid>:

>> Onclick with a
>>radio button one must have checked==true and that was where the testing was
>>done.
>
><input type=radio onclick="this.checked=false" checked>

My statement is still true. The click turns it on and the rest of the set
off. One may, of course, then turn it back on.

But you knew all that.

K.
From: Geoff on
On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 20:05:44 +0000, Geoff <geoff(a)invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 12:14:16 -0400, Dr_Kral(a)nyc.rr.com.invalid wrote:
>
>>Why it is significant WHICH language a responder speaks but NOT which
>>language is signed?
>
>K.
>
>I will try to find out.

K.

Your point has been accepted.

http://www.micro-active.com/a-wm2/a-q-student-wm2.htm

Thanks!

Geoff

From: Dr_Kral on

From: Dr_Kral on
On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 22:46:55 +0100, Geoff <geoff(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in
<tajvq5psld63i6c305vlnsu47vpqpplsui(a)4ax.com>:

Geoff,

>http://www.micro-active.com/a-wm2/a-q-student-wm2.htm
I see that this page is gone. You should not assume that everyone is
on-line and available to match your schedule.

>Your point has been accepted.
I will note that there are several more inconsistencies of that sort in it.
I recall the following --

* This is the only place that one is to answer age as, e.g., 15 years and
12 months rather than 16 years and 0 months.

* There is one question were three of five check boxes each produce an
additional question (which is OK) but they are all labeled the same.

A good questionnaire is written so that the respondent provides the answers
the questioner need without knowing what is wanted. I don't think that
this does that.

K.