From: "Dallas" Jagged on
again, my pc, after sitting for awhile - on, but unattended - is very slow
to get going once i sit back down. i thought i would try posting a hijack
this file to a forum for such, but want to ask if within these logs, there
is anything that anyone can see that could compromise my system or my
personal privacy ? thanks as always

--
Dallas.....

Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP3, WMP11,
16X DVD-ROM & ,6X DVD+/RW, IE8, OE6, DSL, via AT&T. I use these on a regular
basis: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, Window
Defender, BitDefender & Ccleaner

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Dallas" <Jagged Edge(a)StillIStruggle>

| again, my pc, after sitting for awhile - on, but unattended - is very slow
| to get going once i sit back down. i thought i would try posting a hijack
| this file to a forum for such, but want to ask if within these logs, there
| is anything that anyone can see that could compromise my system or my
| personal privacy ? thanks as always

Download and execute HiJack This! (HJT)
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/_download/HJTInstall.exe

Then post the contents of the HJT log in your post with a full explanation of your problem
and what you have done to date in one of the below expert forums...

{ Please - Do NOT post the HJT Log here ! }

Forums where you can get expert advice for HiJack This! (HJT) Logs.

NOTE: Registration is REQUIRED in any of the below before posting a log

Suggested primary:

Suggested secondary:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=7

Suggested tertiary:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup
http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25
http://www.atribune.org/forums/index.php?showforum=9
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Malware_Removal_HiJackThis_Logs_Go_Here-f37.html
http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum/index.php?showforum=170
http://forum.networktechs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130
http://forums.maddoktor2.com/index.php?showforum=17
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5
http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showforum=18
http://forums.techguy.org/f54-s.html
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showforum=27
http://forums.subratam.org/index.php?showforum=7
http://www.5starsupport.com/ipboard/index.php?showforum=18
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
http://makephpbb.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=2
http://forums.techguy.org/54-security/
http://forums.security-central.us/forumdisplay.php?f=13

--
Dave

From: Jose on
On Mar 17, 1:43 am, "Dallas" <Jagged Edge(a)StillIStruggle> wrote:
> again, my pc, after sitting for awhile - on, but unattended - is very slow
> to get going once i sit back down. i thought i would try posting a hijack
> this file to a forum for such, but want to ask if within these logs, there
> is anything that anyone can see that could compromise my system or my
> personal privacy ?  thanks as always
>
> --
> Dallas.....
>
> Dell  P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP3, WMP11,
> 16X DVD-ROM & ,6X DVD+/RW, IE8, OE6, DSL, via AT&T. I use these on a regular
> basis: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, Window
> Defender, BitDefender & Ccleaner

Usually there is personal information in a HijachThis log.

Why don't you make one, look at it, edit your personal information to
make it general, then post it where it needs to be posted.

You can sometimes see very revealing things in someone's HijackThis
log files!
From: "Dallas" Jagged on
david, thank you as my concern was what info within could be revealed, i.e.
email addy, any passwords, etc.

From: "Dallas" Jagged on
will do jose, many thanks. and i think it was you - will look in my folder
later - that wrote all the instructions for me to do the uninstalling &
reinstalling re: net framework - i have been afraid to do so, when i feel
good enough, as i am afraid i will do one little thing, or more, wrong &
there goes everything !

thanks again jose

--

"Jose" <jose_ease(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
On Mar 17, 1:43 am, "Dallas" <Jagged Edge(a)StillIStruggle> wrote:
> again, my pc, after sitting for awhile - on, but unattended - is very slow
> to get going once i sit back down. i thought i would try posting a hijack
> this file to a forum for such, but want to ask if within these logs, there
> is anything that anyone can see that could compromise my system or my
> personal privacy ? thanks as always
>
> --
> Dallas.....
>
> Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP3, WMP11,
> 16X DVD-ROM & ,6X DVD+/RW, IE8, OE6, DSL, via AT&T. I use these on a
> regular
> basis: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster,
> Window
> Defender, BitDefender & Ccleaner

Usually there is personal information in a HijachThis log.

Why don't you make one, look at it, edit your personal information to
make it general, then post it where it needs to be posted.

You can sometimes see very revealing things in someone's HijackThis
log files!

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: error in login password