From: Jonesy on
The point would be that I want the NEW part of my message to be rich text,
not plain text.

And btw for those that say just click the format button (hi tillman), that's
not really quite accurate. That will let you start using html/rich text. But
what's on-screen is already formatted nice and ugly for you. For example, my
sig and the selected font for typing the new email. So to really more like...
click options, format, select your text, change the font... re-format your
sig... and VOILA! That's all you have to do.

So anyway, it's not that I want to _convert_ the original plain text
message, but rather, I want to create a NEW email (in rich text) that
contains plain text from another email that I want to forward.

And while I understand I can do all of this with multiple
pointy-clicky-cutty-pastey motions, I think the point of most in this thread
is that seems a bit ridiculous. Outlook shouldn't make assumptions on my
behalf... I'm perfectly capable of messing things up on my own.

From: Gordon on

> The point would be that I want the NEW part of my message to be rich text,
> not plain text.

Then don't forward - copy and paste into a new RTF email...

From: Jonesy on
Yeah, I said that already. That is a given. I think we're all clear that we
could copy/paste and do what we want. The point is that if I do a FORWARD,
then Outlook shouldn't make any assumptions because it doesn't know who I'm
forwarding it to, so the whole logic about "well it was already plain text"
is moot.

I know I can do what I want with a lot of pointy-clicky. The point of this
thread is that seems pretty awkward and an option to let you set how you
prefer to handle such things would be better.

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Jonesy" <Jonesy(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> And btw for those that say just click the format button (hi tillman),

Hi.

> So anyway, it's not that I want to _convert_ the original plain text
> message, but rather, I want to create a NEW email (in rich text) that
> contains plain text from another email that I want to forward.

You can't change the underlying formatting of a message part way through.
It's either all Plain Text, all HTML, or all Rich Text. You're asking for a
cat to become a dog halfway between the snout and tail.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Ronnie on
Has there been a solution to this?

I have a plain text message that I'm forwarding to my work group and I for
business reasons I NEED this to be changed to HTML for editing purposes. What
do I do?