From: Nick London Nick on
The main reason I found this thread was because, internally in my
organisation, half the staff default to RTF and half to HTML. My signature is
set up in HTML. So if I hit "reply" to an RTF message, my HTML signature
looks rubbish.

Rather than change the format of the message, I have found that going to
this location (WinXP machine, Outlook 2007):

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures

and changing the RTF signature files to match my HTML signature files does
what I need it to do, as suggested by someone further along in this thread.

I find the whole "don't be rude and change the format of the mail message"
conversation to be quite amusing: some of it almost verging on zealotry. If A
sends B something in plain text, but B wants HTML, is that rude of A to use
plain text? Apparently not.
But if B changes it to HTML to send the reply, apparently it is rude of B to
do so because A wants plain text. Even though most mail readers I've used (on
a variety of platforms) have an option for converting all incoming messages
to plain text... And I have that setting configured on a number of the
machines I use for responses that come from people I don't know.

Cheers
Nick
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Nick London" <Nick London(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Rather than change the format of the message, I have found that going to
> this location (WinXP machine, Outlook 2007):
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures
>
> and changing the RTF signature files to match my HTML signature files does
> what I need it to do, as suggested by someone further along in this thread.

That's what I do as well. I make sure my variously formatted signatures files
explicitly contain what I want.

> I find the whole "don't be rude and change the format of the mail message"
> conversation to be quite amusing: some of it almost verging on zealotry. If
> sends B something in plain text, but B wants HTML, is that rude of A to use
> plain text? Apparently not.

Since A initiated the message, A has no way of knowing what B can accept, so
it's not "rude" to use Plian Text even though B can accept (and maybe prefers)
HTML. A simply can't know what B would like. B, however, clearly knows what
A would like because B received a clear indication of it.

That said, I think you're correct. Some of the posters seem a little
fanatical about it. It's similar to the "top- or bottom-post" debate, more
religious than substantive.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Braino on

From: Brainball on
I agree with everyone that wants to send, reply, receive, and/or foward a
message in the format of choice. I get text but I want to send html,
rich-text or whatever. This would be a great help.
From: Bob I on
Then you would need to Open, Edit and change it.