From: Craig Schiller on
However, if they were deleted from Windows Explorer, they will be in the
recycle bin, so there's hope.

From: MikeR on
Tom Willett wrote:
> Items deleted from FrontPage do *not* go to the recycle bin. They are gone
> for good.

The OP didn't say she deleted it from FP. He said "my wife has somehow deleted the
whole thing in one swipe". Could have been from Explorer.

That's also why I said it depends on how she did it.

Unless FP (if that's how it happened) overwrote it, then it MAY be recoverable. Note
the emphasis on MAY.

From: Tom Willett on

"MikeR" <nf4lNoSpam(a)pobox.com> wrote in message
: :
: The OP didn't say she deleted it from FP. He said "my wife has somehow
deleted the
: whole thing in one swipe". Could have been from Explorer.

Could have been. That's why posters need to give details instead of making
people second guess.
:

From: CJB on
On May 17, 1:41 pm, "Tom Willett" <t...(a)youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote:
> "MikeR" <nf4lNoS...(a)pobox.com> wrote in message

> : :
> : The OP didn't say she deleted it from FP. He said "my wife has somehow
> deleted the
> : whole thing in one swipe". Could have been from Explorer.
>
> Could have been. That's why posters need to give details instead of making
> people second guess.
> :
> : That's also why I said it depends on how she did it.
> :
> : Unless FP (if that's how it happened) overwrote it, then it MAY be
> recoverable. Note
> : the emphasis on MAY.
> :

Recently on my PC I inadvertantly deleted a website with hundreds of
pages and thousands of hours work - luckily I had a copy. All you have
to do is create a new website with the same name as an exisiting one.
The new one is created with a few starter files and folders, the old
one simply disappears never to return. The files are not in the
Recycle Bin either. THIS IS FAR TO EASY TO DO, and FP doesn't warn you
first.

CJB.
From: Rob Giordano [MS MVP] on
IF you delete the web from within FP you do get a warning of sorts.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"CJB" <chrisjbrady(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On May 17, 1:41 pm, "Tom Willett" <t...(a)youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote:
>> "MikeR" <nf4lNoS...(a)pobox.com> wrote in message

>> : :
>> : The OP didn't say she deleted it from FP. He said "my wife has somehow
>> deleted the
>> : whole thing in one swipe". Could have been from Explorer.
>>
>> Could have been. That's why posters need to give details instead of
>> making
>> people second guess.
>> :
>> : That's also why I said it depends on how she did it.
>> :
>> : Unless FP (if that's how it happened) overwrote it, then it MAY be
>> recoverable. Note
>> : the emphasis on MAY.
>> :
>
> Recently on my PC I inadvertantly deleted a website with hundreds of
> pages and thousands of hours work - luckily I had a copy. All you have
> to do is create a new website with the same name as an exisiting one.
> The new one is created with a few starter files and folders, the old
> one simply disappears never to return. The files are not in the
> Recycle Bin either. THIS IS FAR TO EASY TO DO, and FP doesn't warn you
> first.
>
> CJB.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3