From: pemt on
Jeff,

Thanks.
Actually I have more than 10 M records to fill with and each one is unique.

pemt

From: pemt on
Jeff,

From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 06:53:01 -0700, pemt <pemt(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>actually I have more than 10 M records to fill with and each one is unique.

THEN STOP!!!!!

It is not necessary to create ten million empty records and then fill them in.

Simply use an Autonumber ID. Add the records as the data becomes available -
importing, appending, entering with a form. Create the record *when there is a
record to create* - not before.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 06:48:01 -0700, pemt <pemt(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>John,
>
>Thanks.
>How to run below code in Access to make table?
>n=1
>n=n+1
>n<10000000
>print n /
>end

You *really really don't want to do that*.

See my other reply.

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: pemt on
Thanks a lot!

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 06:53:01 -0700, pemt <pemt(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >actually I have more than 10 M records to fill with and each one is unique.
>
> THEN STOP!!!!!
>
> It is not necessary to create ten million empty records and then fill them in.
>
> Simply use an Autonumber ID. Add the records as the data becomes available -
> importing, appending, entering with a form. Create the record *when there is a
> record to create* - not before.
> --
>
> John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .