From: cpliu on
I tried to mount drive but it can't see this SATA inside a external
USB case. Is there a driver I need to install in order to see it?

Thanks,
From: Rod Speed on
cpliu wrote:

> I tried to mount drive but it can't see this SATA inside a external
> USB case. Is there a driver I need to install in order to see it?

Nope. The case may not support drives that big.

From: larry moe 'n curly on

cpliu wrote:

> I tried to mount drive but it can't see this SATA inside a external
> USB case. Is there a driver I need to install in order to see it?

You may want to post the brand and part number of the SATA-USB
converter chip, either here or at USBman.com or EverythingUSB.com. Do
500-1,000GB HDs work?

From: cpliu on
> You may want to post the brand and part number of the SATA-USB
> converter chip, either here or at USBman.com or EverythingUSB.com.  Do
> 500-1,000GB HDs work?

It's Hitachi 2TB internal drive put in IOGear case. I will test the
500GB tonight. I kind of remember it worked before.
From: cpliu on
1TB and 500TB work fine on this PC running Windows XP SP2. It also
dual-boot to Windows 7. Both are 32-bit. Processor: AMD Athlon 64
3200+

Thanks for the help!