From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 14:47:55 +0100, Geoff Berrow
<blthecat(a)ckdog.co.uk> wrote:

>On Mon, 9 Aug 2010 06:36:19 -0700 (PDT), Sak Wathanasin <sw(a)nan.co.uk>
>wrote:
>
>>In case anyone's missed this:
>>
>><http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10912268>
>

>Finally got to hold one for the first time on Saturday. It's heavier
>and feels bigger than my 3GS. I honestly think that the 3GS feels
>better in the hand.

Likewise - although it "feels" heavier rather than really being so,
because looks denser.

The hard edges feel sort of IBMish, not very keen on them.

>I had been feeling a bit envious as I have 12 months left on my
>contract but now I'm not so bothered.

Mine opens up in a month or so, and I had been dead set on getting a
4. Not certain now. I'm rather tempted to wait and see if the
production delays on the white iPhones are actually a hasty antenna
redesign.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
'Rings! Rings! Wherever they may be
I am the Lord of the Rings,' said he
From: Nancy on
On 8/9/2010 8:36 AM, Sak Wathanasin wrote:
> In case anyone's missed this:
>
> <http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10912268>

"An investigation by the influential Consumer Reports organisation
confirmed the problem and led to it declaring that it could not
recommend the product..."

Wow!
From: zoara on
Geoff Berrow <blthecat(a)ckdog.co.uk> wrote:

> I can see the point of having a 'caseless' design. I hate cases too,
> but a better idea would have been to have an interchangeable back. So
> when it gets scratched, you just buy a new one.

They could kickstart a third-party industry of interchangeable backs of
various designs and colours. Then they could time travel back to the
nineties and suggest it to Nokia.

-z-

--
email: nettid1 at fastmail dot fm