From: Sak Wathanasin on
In case anyone's missed this:

<http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10912268>

From: Geoff Berrow on
On Mon, 9 Aug 2010 06:36:19 -0700 (PDT), Sak Wathanasin <sw(a)nan.co.uk>
wrote:

>In case anyone's missed this:
>
><http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10912268>

Finally got to hold one for the first time on Saturday. It's heavier
and feels bigger than my 3GS. I honestly think that the 3GS feels
better in the hand.

I had been feeling a bit envious as I have 12 months left on my
contract but now I'm not so bothered.
--
Geoff Berrow (Put thecat out to email)
It's only Usenet, no one dies.

From: Chris Ridd on
On 2010-08-09 14:47:55 +0100, Geoff Berrow said:

> On Mon, 9 Aug 2010 06:36:19 -0700 (PDT), Sak Wathanasin <sw(a)nan.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> In case anyone's missed this:
>>
>> <http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10912268>
>

> Finally got to hold one for the first time on Saturday. It's heavier
> and feels bigger than my 3GS. I honestly think that the 3GS feels
> better in the hand.

I know what you mean, except I prefer my iPod Touch's even thinner
size. It needs slightly rounded edges doesn't it?

--
Chris

From: Andrew Templeman on
Geoff Berrow <blthecat(a)ckdog.co.uk> wrote:

> Finally got to hold one for the first time on Saturday. It's heavier

Bloody hell! you can notice that? 135 vs 137 grams

;-)

> and feels bigger than my 3GS. I honestly think that the 3GS feels
> better in the hand.
>
> I had been feeling a bit envious as I have 12 months left on my
> contract but now I'm not so bothered.

I want a bit more capacity tbh. maybe next years will have 64 gigs. I
have nearly filled my 32 3gs

--
Andy Templeman <http://www.templeman.org.uk/>
From: Geoff Berrow on
On Mon, 9 Aug 2010 15:53:24 +0100, Chris Ridd <chrisridd(a)mac.com>
wrote:

>On 2010-08-09 14:47:55 +0100, Geoff Berrow said:
>
>> On Mon, 9 Aug 2010 06:36:19 -0700 (PDT), Sak Wathanasin <sw(a)nan.co.uk>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> In case anyone's missed this:
>>>
>>> <http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10912268>
>>

>> Finally got to hold one for the first time on Saturday. It's heavier
>> and feels bigger than my 3GS. I honestly think that the 3GS feels
>> better in the hand.
>
>I know what you mean, except I prefer my iPod Touch's even thinner
>size. It needs slightly rounded edges doesn't it?

Yes, I think the entire design logic has been based on the notion that
as the glass screen doesn't scratch easily but the plasic back does,
let's have glass on back and front.

I can see the point of having a 'caseless' design. I hate cases too,
but a better idea would have been to have an interchangeable back. So
when it gets scratched, you just buy a new one.