From: Gerry on
In article <i41a69$get$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Wes Groleau <Groleau+news(a)FreeShell.org> wrote:

> On 08-12-2010 09:36, Robert Peirce wrote:
> > I then tried various combinations of clicking with no luck, so it looks
> > like yours may be the only solution.
>
> Nope—at least one other: click anywhere in the list and do Command-A

The OP wanted only to turn on tracks from one album, if the album is in
the list of all albums in his library, Command clicking the box before
any track in that album will turn on or off all tracks in the list.
Putting that album in a separate playlist allows turning on or off only
the tracks of that album.
From: Robert Peirce on
In article <i41a69$get$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Wes Groleau <Groleau+news(a)FreeShell.org> wrote:

> On 08-12-2010 09:36, Robert Peirce wrote:
> > I then tried various combinations of clicking with no luck, so it looks
> > like yours may be the only solution.
>
> Nope—at least one other: click anywhere in the list and do Command-A

That "selects" everything but it doesn't do anything about the check
boxes.

I did find a better way to check, however. I double click an album in
album view. Then I command-click the check box. If all I ant to do is
listen to a particular album, this is all I need to do.
From: Robert Peirce on
In article <everyday-5ED0CE.07263012082010(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Gerry <everyday(a)sunrise.net> wrote:

> You may wish to take a look at this web site:
>
> <http://www.dougscripts.com/itunes/index.php>

This looks like an amazing resource! I can't even begin to decide where
to start.
From: Robert Peirce on
In article <everyday-5ED0CE.07263012082010(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Gerry <everyday(a)sunrise.net> wrote:

> Why do you need to change the comma to a <LF> as the comments field
> will be in reality just a database and can be searched just as well as a
> string of names separated by the comma.

Right now, the artist list is a comma separated string. I would like it
change it to a list. For example:

A, B, C

This wouldn't affect searchability, just readability.

However, quick and dirty, I discovered I could double-click an album and
cut and paste the list from album artist to comments. It isn't very
readable, and I would prefer to add the instruments, as I did in my old
Unix table database. I can do that going forward and maybe someday find
the time to go back and fix the old stuff.

I am finding using TextEdit isn't that onerous. I fill it in while the
CD is loading, putting in ALL the information I want. Then I delete
what doesn't apply to certain tracks when I copy and paste.

I have only been playing with iTunes since Sunday but I am learning a
lot.
From: Gerry on
In article <bob-0A8B8D.18003412082010(a)5ad64b5e.bb.sky.com>,
Robert Peirce <bob(a)peirce-family.com> wrote:

> In article <i41a69$get$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> Wes Groleau <Groleau+news(a)FreeShell.org> wrote:
>
> > On 08-12-2010 09:36, Robert Peirce wrote:
> > > I then tried various combinations of clicking with no luck, so it looks
> > > like yours may be the only solution.
> >
> > Nope—at least one other: click anywhere in the list and do Command-A
>
> That "selects" everything but it doesn't do anything about the check
> boxes.
>
> I did find a better way to check, however. I double click an album in
> album view. Then I command-click the check box. If all I ant to do is
> listen to a particular album, this is all I need to do.

Another way to listen to just one album or artist is enter the album or
artist name in the search box.