From: Omega on
eric gisse wrote:
> Omega wrote:
>
>> eric gisse wrote:

>>> Which direction is the singularity?
>>
>> As the "direction" of the big bang is in to our past, the direction
>> of the singularity (The Eye of Harmony) of our local black hole
>> (Harmony) is to our future. ( That is, is not so much where, as
>> when. And to account for the Hubble Constant and the negative
>> deceleration paramenter as being due to its tidal force, its minimum
>> mass is ~3.18619 x 10^53 kg).
>
> Ok, people whose knowledge of physics consists of terminology grokked
> from doctor who have no right to contribute.

Ok. Never mind then. I'll just take my ball and go home. You're the boss.

(Or you could just ignore the place names.
"What's in a name? that which we call a rose by any other name would smell
as sweet;"
But then I suppose quoting Shakespeare disqualifies me too.
Also, please note that "Grok" is a term grokked from Heinlein, but that
doesn't seem to affect your right to contribute.
(Boy, this is a tough audience. Is there a posters' rule book that I'm not
privy to?)

But what is funny about your response is, that to someone who reads it
without knowledge of the British science fiction character "Dr. Who?", it
looks like gobbledygook.
(>>Insert insane cackle here<<) )
:-) !

From: Yousuf Khan on
eric gisse wrote:
> bz wrote:
>> If I remember correctly, "someone" has calculated that the amount of
>> matter is "close" to the amount that would be needed for a black hole the
>> size of the known universe.
>>
>> Perhaps we live inside a black hole.
>
> Which direction is the singularity?

Towards the past. :)

Yousuf Khan
From: eric gisse on
Yousuf Khan wrote:

> eric gisse wrote:
>> bz wrote:
>>> If I remember correctly, "someone" has calculated that the amount of
>>> matter is "close" to the amount that would be needed for a black hole
>>> the size of the known universe.
>>>
>>> Perhaps we live inside a black hole.
>>
>> Which direction is the singularity?
>
> Towards the past. :)

An unexpectedly correct answer.

Now which direction is the singularity in a black hole?

The future.

From: Omega on
eric gisse wrote:
> Omega wrote:
>
>> eric gisse wrote:

>>> Which direction is the singularity?
>>
>> As the "direction" of the big bang is in to our past, the direction
>> of the singularity (The Eye of Harmony) of our local black hole
>> (Harmony) is to our future. ( That is, is not so much where, as
>> when. And to account for the Hubble Constant and the negative
>> deceleration paramenter as being due to its tidal force, its minimum
>> mass is ~3.18619 x 10^53 kg).
>
> Ok, people whose knowledge of physics consists of terminology grokked
> from doctor who have no right to contribute.

As the "direction" of the big bang is in to our past, the direction of the
singularity of our local black hole is to our
future. ( That is, is not so much where, as when. And to account for the
Hubble Constant and the negative deceleration paramenter as being due to its
tidal force, its minimum mass is ~3.18619 x 10^53 kg).

Better?

From: Omega on
eric gisse wrote:
> Yousuf Khan wrote:
>
>> eric gisse wrote:

>>> Which direction is the singularity?
>>
>> Towards the past. :)
>
> An unexpectedly correct answer.
>
> Now which direction is the singularity in a black hole?
>
> The future.

- The direction to the singularity of the black hole in which we live is the
past.
- The direction to the singularity of a black hole is the future.

?