From: Omega on
eric gisse wrote:
> Omega wrote:
> [...]
>

>>> Ok, people whose knowledge of physics consists of terminology
>>> grokked from doctor who have no right to contribute.
>>
>> As the "direction" of the big bang is in to our past, the direction
>> of the singularity of our local black hole is to our
>> future. ( That is, is not so much where, as when. And to account for
>> the Hubble Constant and the negative deceleration paramenter as
>> being due to its tidal force, its minimum mass is ~3.18619 x 10^53
>> kg).
>>
>> Better?
>
> No. You are confident that the universe ends in a singularity when
> actual physicists are not, and you use 5 significant figures to
> describe the mass of the universe when you don't even know if you are
> within a factor of 10,000 of the real answer.

I used 6 significant figures, not 5. But you are correct. I'd thought that
the least number of significant digits of the parameters that I used had
six. But one has only 2. The figure (say ~3.1 x 10^53 kg) that I derive is a
MINIMUM. The model that I espouse is an idealized version and I used a
classical approximation. If your estimate of my error based on the estimated
mass of the universe (which is not one of the parameters that I used), then
that it is only 4 orders of magnitude out of 53 is excellent. Thank you.

From: Jonah Thomas on
eric gisse <jowr.pi.nospam(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Jonah Thomas wrote:
> > eric gisse <jowr.pi.nospam(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> >> We don't live in a black hole. Do catch up.
> >
> > "The righteous man is like a frog that lives at the bottom of a
> > well. To him the sky looks like a small round hole."
> >
> > Seriously, is there a reason our universe couldn't be a black hole
> > ah, extruded from some other universe?
>
> You mean OTHER than the reason I JUST GAVE which neither of you
> understand?

I didn't even notice you doing it. Would you mind explaining it again
maybe in more detail or simpler or more explicitly?
From: eric gisse on
Jonah Thomas wrote:

> eric gisse <jowr.pi.nospam(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Jonah Thomas wrote:

>> > "The righteous man is like a frog that lives at the bottom of a
>> > well. To him the sky looks like a small round hole."
>> >
>> > Seriously, is there a reason our universe couldn't be a black hole
>> > ah, extruded from some other universe?
>>
>> You mean OTHER than the reason I JUST GAVE which neither of you
>> understand?
>
> I didn't even notice you doing it. Would you mind explaining it again
> maybe in more detail or simpler or more explicitly?

A black hole has the unique feature of swapping the role of time and space
inside the event horizon. A freely moving observer marches - unstoppably -
towards the singularity, just as a freely moving observer marches towards
the future in Minkowski spacetime.

The observable universe is not like this. We are not in a black hole.

From: YKhan on
On Oct 3, 5:10 pm, eric gisse <jowr.pi.nos...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Yousuf Khan wrote:
> > eric gisse wrote:

> >> Which direction is the singularity?
>
> > Towards the past. :)
>
> An unexpectedly correct answer.
>
> Now which direction is the singularity in a black hole?
>
> The future.

A black hole inside another black hole reverses its direction of time.

Yousuf Khan
From: YKhan on
On Oct 3, 6:08 pm, eric gisse <jowr.pi.nos...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> We don't live in a black hole. Do catch up.

And how can you prove that?

Yousuf Khan