From: eric gisse on
Omega wrote:

> eric gisse wrote:
>> Yousuf Khan wrote:

>>> Towards the past. :)
>>
>> An unexpectedly correct answer.
>>
>> Now which direction is the singularity in a black hole?
>>
>> The future.
>>

> - The direction to the singularity of the black hole in which we live is
> the past.
> - The direction to the singularity of a black hole is the future.
>
> ?

We don't live in a black hole. Do catch up.

From: eric gisse on
Omega wrote:
[...]

>> Ok, people whose knowledge of physics consists of terminology grokked
>> from doctor who have no right to contribute.
>
> As the "direction" of the big bang is in to our past, the direction of the
> singularity of our local black hole is to our
> future. ( That is, is not so much where, as when. And to account for the
> Hubble Constant and the negative deceleration paramenter as being due to
> its tidal force, its minimum mass is ~3.18619 x 10^53 kg).
>
> Better?

No. You are confident that the universe ends in a singularity when actual
physicists are not, and you use 5 significant figures to describe the mass
of the universe when you don't even know if you are within a factor of
10,000 of the real answer.

From: Jonah Thomas on
eric gisse <jowr.pi.nospam(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Omega wrote:

> > - The direction to the singularity of the black hole in which we
> > live is the past.
> > - The direction to the singularity of a black hole is the future.
> >
> > ?
>
> We don't live in a black hole. Do catch up.

"The righteous man is like a frog that lives at the bottom of a well. To
him the sky looks like a small round hole."

Seriously, is there a reason our universe couldn't be a black hole ah,
extruded from some other universe?

I can imagine there might be various theoretical understandings that
would show such a thing would havek characteristics so different from
our universe tht it couldn't be so.
From: eric gisse on
Jonah Thomas wrote:

> eric gisse <jowr.pi.nospam(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Omega wrote:
>
>> > - The direction to the singularity of the black hole in which we
>> > live is the past.
>> > - The direction to the singularity of a black hole is the future.
>> >
>> > ?
>>
>> We don't live in a black hole. Do catch up.
>
> "The righteous man is like a frog that lives at the bottom of a well. To
> him the sky looks like a small round hole."
>
> Seriously, is there a reason our universe couldn't be a black hole ah,
> extruded from some other universe?

You mean OTHER than the reason I JUST GAVE which neither of you understand?

From: Omega on
eric gisse wrote:
> Omega wrote:
>
>> eric gisse wrote:

>>> An unexpectedly correct answer.
>>>
>>> Now which direction is the singularity in a black hole?
>>>
>>> The future.
>>>

>> - The direction to the singularity of the black hole in which we
>> live is the past.
>> - The direction to the singularity of a black hole is the future.
>>
>> ?
>
> We don't live in a black hole. Do catch up.

Then why did YOU SAY that the direction to the singularity of the black hole
in which we live is in the past? You REALLY need to work on your
communication skills.

And you are supremely confident that we don't live in a black hole when
actual physicists are not.