From: Frank Slootweg on
SolomonW <SolomonW(a)nospammail.com> wrote:
> On 4 Jan 2010 22:00:25 GMT, Frank Slootweg wrote:
>
> > I used my (Telstra T6) mobile *phone* as a modem. That way you can use
> > the Browse Plus Packs, which are a little more expensive per MB, but
> > start at much smaller amounts:
>
> I use three the problem is that in the bush I get charged much more.

Sorry, I don't follow. "three" what? The network provider? If so, then
why did you say in your OP that you are with Telstra? And we've been
talking about Telstra ever since, because that's the only practical
provider in the bush.
From: Rod Speed on
Frank Slootweg wrote:
> SolomonW <SolomonW(a)nospammail.com> wrote:
>> On 4 Jan 2010 22:00:25 GMT, Frank Slootweg wrote:
>>
>>> I used my (Telstra T6) mobile *phone* as a modem. That way you
>>> can use the Browse Plus Packs, which are a little more expensive
>>> per MB, but start at much smaller amounts:
>>
>> I use three the problem is that in the bush I get charged much more.

> Sorry, I don't follow. "three" what? The network provider?

Yes.

> If so, then why did you say in your OP that you are with Telstra?
> And we've been talking about Telstra ever since, because that's
> the only practical provider in the bush.

It is what 3 uses when its customers are outside the capital citys.

From: SolomonW on
On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 08:05:43 +1100, Rod Speed wrote:

> Frank Slootweg wrote:
>> SolomonW <SolomonW(a)nospammail.com> wrote:

>>> I use three the problem is that in the bush I get charged much more.
>
>> Sorry, I don't follow. "three" what? The network provider?
>
> Yes.
>
>> If so, then why did you say in your OP that you are with Telstra?
>> And we've been talking about Telstra ever since, because that's
>> the only practical provider in the bush.
>
> It is what 3 uses when its customers are outside the capital citys.

Once you are in the bush and it switches to Telstra, for data there is
additional charges.

From: Frank Slootweg on
SolomonW <SolomonW(a)nospammail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 08:05:43 +1100, Rod Speed wrote:
>
> > Frank Slootweg wrote:

> >> Sorry, I don't follow. "three" what? The network provider?
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> >> If so, then why did you say in your OP that you are with Telstra?
> >> And we've been talking about Telstra ever since, because that's
> >> the only practical provider in the bush.
> >
> > It is what 3 uses when its customers are outside the capital citys.
>
> Once you are in the bush and it switches to Telstra, for data there is
> additional charges.

So why don't you use use a *Telstra* pre-paid SIM? If the problem is
that you want to have your normal (three) phonenumber for your *phone*,
then you can use a *Telstra* pre-paid SIM in your USB modem-stick
(assuming you have a USB modem-stick).

That way you can use the smaller/cheaper *Telstra* packs for *data*
and use *three* for *voice*.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Toshiba Laptop L500