From: Jack B on
Ok, here are the temps:
TEMPIN0 = 40 C (103 F)
TEMPIN1 = 52 C (125 F)
TEMPIN2 = 81 C (177 F)

And here is the memory screenshot:
http://www.leveragegame.com/PC%20memory.gif

Jack

-------------------------------------

"glee" <glee29(a)spamindspring.com> wrote in message
"Jack B" <jslimp01nospam(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Does the newsgroup prohibit attachments? I sent a message with the
> screen
> shots of the memory and the temperature but it has not appeared here
> yet.

Yes...no attachments. You can just type what the temps are......
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

From: Paul on
Jack B wrote:
> Ok, here are the temps:
> TEMPIN0 = 40 C (103 F)
> TEMPIN1 = 52 C (125 F)
> TEMPIN2 = 81 C (177 F)
>
> And here is the memory screenshot:
> http://www.leveragegame.com/PC%20memory.gif
>

> Jack

So whatever is running at 81C, is too hot.

If you want to figure out which readout is the CPU,
you start with the computer idle, then start a program
with 100% CPU loading. The CPU temperature is the
one that shoots up fast. A test program you can use,
for a load test, is SuperPI.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/366/Super_PI_Mod_v1.5.html

In that download, when you unzip it, you should see
Super_PI_Mod.exe. Start that, then select "Calculate".
A menu should pop up. Select 1M for a 1 million digit calculation.

At the instant that starts running, glance at your constantly
updating temperature readout (SpeedFan). The temperature that responds
soonest and shoots up, should be your CPU temperature. If it is the 81C
one that shoots up (even higher), you have a good idea what is going on.

Recommended temperature for the CPU is 65C. The CPU is rated
to take more than that, but 65C is a typical number for stability.

Since there can be large measurement errors (thermistor versus
diode, wrong offset and so on), there is no way to be certain
it really is that hot. But if you have your suspicions (like the freezing),
then disassembling and applying fresh paste may help.

When I tried this test on my CPU, one core of my Core2 processor
went from 28C to 36C within a one second period. And then stayed
stable at that temperature until the SuperPI calculation was
finished. Since none of the other readouts changed, I'd assume
that one particular readout, belongs to my CPU. My CPU runs real
cool, and has a very low idle power consumption.

Paul

From: Jose on
On Apr 11, 9:53 pm, "Jack B" <jslimp01nos...(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
> Does the newsgroup prohibit attachments?  I sent a message with the screen
> shots of the memory and the temperature but it has not appeared here yet.
>
> Jack

You cannot attach screen shots here, but here is a way to share your
screenshot:

To create and email/post/print a screenshot:

Press the Print Scrn button to copy your entire screen to the Windows
clipboard.

Press Alt Print Scrn to copy just the active window to the Windows
clipboard.

Open MS Paint:

Start, Program Accessories, Paint

When Paint opens, press CTRL-V to paste the clipboard, save the new
Paint file
to your desktop or someplace you can remember. JPG files take up less
hard
disk space than BMP files and just as readable.

Make as many screenshots as you need. Practice makes perfect. Be
careful your
screenshot does not contain any personal information. Practice
viewing your images
before you upload them to be sure they are okay.

Some sites will let you attach a file directly to your post. If the
site has some kind of
attachment/upload function it is usually easiest just to use it.

If there is no such function in your message board to upload files,
then use a free
third party image hosting WWW site.

Create a free account on some free picture hosting web site. You can
always remove
your account later if you want. Here are some free image hosting
sites:

http://www.imageshack.us/
http://photobucket.com/

Using your free account, upload your screenshot(s) (the JPG or BMP
files) to the
site and it will return to you a URL web address (a Direct Link) for
your new image(s)
which you can paste the Direct Link in a message post, email, etc.

Post that Direct Link web address back here in your response and we
can click on the
link address and see your screenshot. Post as many as you need - the
sites are free.

When you are done, what you post for others to use should look
something like this:

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6530/taskmanagerv.jpg
From: glee on
81 C is too hot for anything in there. If it is your CPU, it IS
overheating.

See Pauls's reply for a way to determine which is your CPU, or you can
look in your BIOS setup at the Hardware Monitoring there...it should
show the temps with labels as to which is the CPU.

From: Jack B on
Yes, I did post it earlier ---