From: Twayne on
In
boy <boyboyds(a)yahoo.com> typed:
> Hi,
>
> I am running AVG antivirus. I also have Windows Defender
> with real- time protection.
>
> Do I need to disable WD's real-time protection to prevent
> the conflict ....?
>
> Is it a rule that only one product should provide the
> real-time protection....?
>

> Thanks.

No. The rule is to not have more than one of the SAME function
program running at once. e.g. two AV programs doing realtime
monitoring, etc.. They'll sometimes see each other's actions
and storage and give a false report of a virus.

HTH,

Twayne`

From: Twayne on
In news:eNi5iEvyKHA.5940(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
Bruce Chambers <bchambers(a)cable0ne.n3t> typed:
> boy wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am running AVG antivirus. I also have Windows Defender
>> with real- time protection.
>>
>> Do I need to disable WD's real-time protection to prevent
>> the conflict ....?
>>

> How could they (AVG and WD) possibly "conflict?"

Duhhh, that's what you're being asked, dummy.

They're

From: Shenan Stanley on

Twayne wrote:
> Too lazy to answer the OP's question or what?

I answered it.

Not everything has to be answered with "Yes" or "No". Sometimes, answering
using basic logic clears things up much better. I chose to do that.

How you choose to answer (usually preceeded by a snipe at someone else who
answered and long after you read all the other answers and figured out how
to phrase yours so it looks 'just different enough', methinks) is your
thing. ;-)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: boy on
Thanks a lot. This did explained it.

And actually my WD get disabled often and I keep enabling it manually.
Now I understand why.
I should probably uninstall it completely.

And I do have Spybot, MalwareBytes, A-Squared, WebRoot Sweeper,
CCleaner and actually installed Windows Essentials yesterday but
disabled the real-time protection, just use it for manual scanning.

And they all FREEEEEEEEEE......!

And your priceless advise is also FREEEEEEEE....!

Thanks to you all.
From: Twayne on
In news:O4J4iX2yKHA.5936(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
Shenan Stanley <newshelper(a)gmail.com> typed:
> boy wrote:
>> I am running AVG antivirus. I also have Windows Defender
>> with real- time protection.
>>
>> Do I need to disable WD's real-time protection to prevent
>> the conflict ....?
>>
>> Is it a rule that only one product should provide the
>> real-time protection....?
>
> Shenan Stanley wrote:
>> Protection against?
>>
>> Viruses (Virus, Trojans, Worms...)
>> Spyware/Adware...
>>
>> My suggestion...
>>
>> Avira AntiVir (free) or eSet NOD32 (AV only, not free)
>> plus
>> MalwareBytes (consistent scanning, removal; free) or
>> MalwareBytes (active protection, not free)
>
> Twayne wrote:
>> Too lazy to answer the OP's question or what?
>
> I answered it.
>
> Not everything has to be answered with "Yes" or "No".
> Sometimes, answering using basic logic clears things up
> much better. I chose to do that.
> How you choose to answer (usually preceeded by a snipe at
> someone else who answered and long after you read all the
> other answers and figured out how to phrase yours so it
> looks 'just different enough', methinks) is your thing. ;-)
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP

I calls 'em as I sees 'em.