From: Ron Patterson on
#1 I am shocked and angry that some poser would instruct me to mess with my
registry.

#2 - I have found the registry key and it is the same as yours and the
default data under the HELPCTR.EXE subkey is the same value as yours:

C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\HelpCtr.exe

then I ran this command string as instructed. Nothing appeared to happen.
I rebooted. Th problem remains.unchanged.

Thanks for trying. Any other ideas please.

Ron

From: John John - MVP on
To reinstall the Help and Support Center right click on the
C:\Windows\inf\pchealth.inf file and select Install, you may be asked
for your Windows XP CD to do the repairs.

John

From: Ron Patterson on
Attention: John John
the file C:\Windows\inf\pchealth.inf is not on my computer. Maybe this is
the problem. I have a Windows XP SP2 CD but do not know how to locate and
install just one file from it. or ??

From: Ron Patterson on
Attn. John John
My error and apologies John. I have located the
C:\Windows\inf\pchealth.inf file. When I right click on it and left click
on Install I get a dialogue box the says "The file dataspec.xmf on Windows
XP Pro SP3 is needed. Type the path where the file is located and then
click OK" "Copy files from - C:\Windows\inf\i386"
I only have a CD for Windows XP Pro SP 2 and have no idea how to follow
these instructions on how to copy a file from it.
Ron

From: John John - MVP on
Use this path: C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386

John

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: M$ Essentials