From: Twayne on
BEWARE; this is an imposter, pirate and sociopath! Ignore and never heed any
advice presented by it or any of its aliases.

In news:4b4e8a4a$0$23165$88263eea(a)blocknews.net,
The Real Truth MVP <trt(a)void.com> typed:

From: Twayne on
In news:6vidnWNaZ6cK4dPWnZ2dnUVZ_g-dnZ2d(a)earthlink.com,
Ron Patterson <a.baba(a)mindspring.com> typed:
> When I go to Start and click on "Help and Support" - nothing happens.
> How can I activate this feature without reinstalling Windows XP?

From Microsoft:

Reinstalling Help and Support Center in Windows XP
Credits: Rebecca Chen [MS]

Please use the following steps to reinstall the Help and Support Center:

Step I - End the Help and Support services
Click Start, click Run and type Taskmgr and click OK. This opens Task
Manager. Click the Process tab. Stop all of the following processing if
running:
� helpsvc.exe
� helphost.exe
� helpctr.exe

Step II - Reinstall Help and Support
� Click Start, click Run and type CMD, and click OK.
� In Command Prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each
line: (Alternately, create a Batch file and run.)
net stop helpsvc
cd /d %windir%\pchealth\helpctr
rd packagestore /s /q
rd installedskus /s /q
cd binaries
start /w helpsvc /svchost netsvcs /regserver /install
start /w helpsvc /register
Note: The "start /w helpsvc /svchost netsvcs /regserver /install" command
line reinstalls Help and Support, which may take several minutes.

HTH,

Twayne

From: Twayne on
Reinstalling Help and Support Center in Windows XP

Credits: Rebecca Chen [MS]
Send your feedback

[...]

In news:acmdnWTt5fpR9NLWnZ2dnUVZ_jKdnZ2d(a)earthlink.com,

From: Marianne on
What a joke, that proves absolutely nothing! That is just another one of
your pathetic feeble attempts to skirt the request and weasel your way
around providing actual proof that your are an MVP. You will stop at
nothing
to evade continued requests to give us concrete proof of your MVP status.

Once again, you not only fail to provide proof but you place the onus on the
readers to prove and verify your information. The onus of verifying the
information is NOT on the readers, the onus is on YOU to provide irrefutable
proof of your status. You steadfastly refuse to provide an acceptable
proof because you can't provide such a proof, all you can do is fake your
status and hope that the readers believe your lies.

We know your name, Christopher Butts, the jig is over! Provide a link to
your MVP profile! At this point in view of your scheming lies nothing else
but a link to your profile will be acceptable. Don't give us BS that you
can't provide a link because you don't want to divulge personal information,
your profile can be bare of any information safe your name, and we know your
name so this excuse of yours is no longer acceptable. It's time for you to
put up or shut up!

Any REAL MVP challenged on his or her MVP status would put the issue to rest
immediately. Your continued refusal to post a link to your profile is proof
that you are not an MVP. Also, your continued stalking attempts to defame
bonafide MVPs in your signature is another irrefutable proof that you are
not an MVP, that behavior is not tolerated in the MVP program and that alone
would've had you kicked out of the program a long time ago. In short, you
are nothing but a lying thieving impostor!

From: RobF on

| RobF wrote:
| > "John John - MVP" <audetweld(a)nbnot.nb.ca> wrote in message
| > | Use this path: C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386
| >

| > What happens when you right click ...inf\pchealth and left click
install?
| > What does the installation do? TIA,
|
| It performs the actions/instructions in the .inf file. Click on "Open"
| and you will see.
|
| John

I don't understand those actions and instruction. Maybe I don't want actions
to be performed. What actions(25 words or less acceptible) ?
--
RobF

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7