From: John Pollard on
Mel wrote:
> My 2009 deluxe one step update works great and updates multiple
> accounts at 3 locations.
> What I do not understand is why after opening the vault it shows the
> accounts checked and ready for d/l but also has a section telling me
> all those accounts are available for one step with a highlighted area
> to click to do so.

[As has already been pointed out; what you talking about is not found in
the Password Vault.]

What, exactly, is the problem you're having?

--

John Pollard
Your source of user-to-user Quicken help

From: Notan on
On 3/17/2010 6:27 PM, Mel wrote:
> "Notan"<notan(a)ddressthatcanbespammed> wrote in message
>> On 3/17/2010 5:06 PM, Mel wrote:
>>> "Notan"<notan(a)ddressthatcanbespammed> wrote in message

>>> YES Vault, the place in Quicken where you safekeep your account
>>> passwords.
>>> AKA step 1 of one step update.
>>
>> Unless things have changed from 2008 to 2009, you're not referring
>> to the Password Vault, you're referring to the "One Step Update Settings"
>> display.
> We are saying the same thing. The settings display opens after putting in
> vault passwords.
>>
>> It's displayed, prior to the actual update, so you have the choice
>> to include or exclude specific accounts in the OSU.
> Correct for the upper 2/3 of screen but the lower section of that same
> screen suggests that they are available for one step update and gives me a
> place to activate.
> PS dosn't seem to be a duplicate post. thanks
>

>> (Sorry if this is a duplicate post... I'm having problems with my
>> news server.)

Here's what my "One Step Update Settings" display looks like:

http://tinypic.com/r/5nt3kp/5

As John asked, what, exactly, is the problem you're having?
From: Notan on
On 3/17/2010 8:17 PM, Notan wrote:
> On 3/17/2010 6:27 PM, Mel wrote:
>> "Notan"<notan(a)ddressthatcanbespammed> wrote in message

>>> Unless things have changed from 2008 to 2009, you're not referring
>>> to the Password Vault, you're referring to the "One Step Update
>>> Settings"
>>> display.
>> We are saying the same thing. The settings display opens after putting in
>> vault passwords.
>>>
>>> It's displayed, prior to the actual update, so you have the choice
>>> to include or exclude specific accounts in the OSU.
>> Correct for the upper 2/3 of screen but the lower section of that same
>> screen suggests that they are available for one step update and gives
>> me a
>> place to activate.
>> PS dosn't seem to be a duplicate post. thanks
>>

>>> (Sorry if this is a duplicate post... I'm having problems with my
>>> news server.)
>
> Here's what my "One Step Update Settings" display looks like:
>
> http://tinypic.com/r/5nt3kp/5
>
> As John asked, what, exactly, is the problem you're having?

Here's a better shot, without all the surrounding fluff:

http://i41.tinypic.com/5nt3kp.jpg
From: Mel on

"John Pollard" <8plus7isf(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Mel wrote:
>> My 2009 deluxe one step update works great and updates multiple
>> accounts at 3 locations.
>> What I do not understand is why after opening the vault it shows the
>> accounts checked and ready for d/l but also has a section telling me
>> all those accounts are available for one step with a highlighted area
>> to click to do so.
>
> [As has already been pointed out; what you talking about is not found in
> the Password Vault.]
>
> What, exactly, is the problem you're having?
>
> --
>
> John Pollard
> Your source of user-to-user Quicken help

Let me get back to basics starting with this post as stated above:
I have no problem, all works fine.
I wonder if I am missing something because the settings display, which opens
immediately after entering vault password in one step update, shows all my
accounts set for updating then in the lower portion of that display it tells
me they are available for one step updating and offers me a location to
activate that.
I have the same screen that notan posted but he only shows the upper half.
It is the logic of the lower half that I am wondering about. IE: offering
activation of something that is already activated.

Mel

From: Bob Wang on
Mel:

If you go to your account list, you'll see a list of account connections
that can be "improved"
Those are probably the accounts that are at the bottom of your One Step
Update window.

e.g., I have Web Connect accounts that theoretically could be Express Web
Connect.
I have EWC accounts that could be improved to Direct Connect, etc.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t131/BobWangPhotos/QuickenConnections2010-03-18.jpg

Bob