From: ps56k on

"Mel" <NOONE(a)NOWHERE.NET> wrote in message

> "John Pollard" <8plus7isf(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Mel wrote:
>>> My 2009 deluxe one step update works great and updates multiple
>>> accounts at 3 locations.
>>> What I do not understand is why after opening the vault it shows the
>>> accounts checked and ready for d/l but also has a section telling me
>>> all those accounts are available for one step with a highlighted area
>>> to click to do so.
>>
>> [As has already been pointed out; what you talking about is not found in
>> the Password Vault.]
>>
>> What, exactly, is the problem you're having?
>>
>> --
>>
>> John Pollard
>> Your source of user-to-user Quicken help
>>
> Let me get back to basics starting with this post as stated above:
> I have no problem, all works fine.
> I wonder if I am missing something because the settings display, which
> opens immediately after entering vault password in one step update, shows
> all my accounts set for updating then in the lower portion of that display
> it tells me they are available for one step updating and offers me a
> location to activate that.
> I have the same screen that notan posted but he only shows the upper half.
> It is the logic of the lower half that I am wondering about. IE: offering
> activation of something that is already activated.
>

> Mel

hmmm - interesting -
just looked at my Q2009 update screen -
and the bottom portion does list a few of my institutions...

1 - some are banks that I can't do a Direct Connect, or even a Web Connect

2 - there was one - Schwab -
that I'm already setup for Direct Connect,
and yet it was listed ??
Maybe it is the "banking" side,
with the linked cash account...
as it appeared that way when I followed the links to "Setup Online"
services.
BTW - the transactions all get downloaded just fine to the brokerage +
linked cash account.

3 - next was my Vanguard account -
Not sure on this one - it is probably an old "individual" account
that was migrated to a "joint" account - but still retained & hidden
for historical info - also removed from the Online Services world.

From: John Pollard on
Mel wrote:
> "John Pollard" <8plus7isf(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Mel wrote:
>>> My 2009 deluxe one step update works great and updates multiple
>>> accounts at 3 locations.
>>> What I do not understand is why after opening the vault it shows the
>>> accounts checked and ready for d/l but also has a section telling me
>>> all those accounts are available for one step with a highlighted
>>> area to click to do so.

>> [As has already been pointed out; what you talking about is not
>> found in the Password Vault.]
>>
>> What, exactly, is the problem you're having?

> Let me get back to basics starting with this post as stated above:
> I have no problem, all works fine.
> I wonder if I am missing something because the settings display,
> which opens immediately after entering vault password in one step
> update, shows all my accounts set for updating then in the lower
> portion of that display it tells me they are available for one step
> updating and offers me a location to activate that.
> I have the same screen that notan posted but he only shows the upper
> half. It is the logic of the lower half that I am wondering about.
> IE: offering activation of something that is already activated.

I can't give you chapter and verse because, as far as I know, there is no
documentation about this. But in my experience, those entries are not a
problem.

What I think those entries represent are combinations of financial
institutions and customer-ID's (even if blank) that were once used in an
attempt (successful or not) to setup downloads for a financial
institution - but which are not currently activated.

I have several of those entries for financial institutions where I was
forced (by the fi) to change my user-id ("Customer ID", in Quicken): I
think those entries are the ones for my previous "Customer ID" with those
financial institutions. I even have one entry for a financial institution
where I have never had any accounts, but which I once initiated a download
setup for (then stopped at the point where I could not provide the
required information).

I have no idea why Quicken puts those entries there, but as I said; in my
experience they are harmless ... I ignore them.

From: GSalisbury on

"Mel" <NOONE(a)NOWHERE.NET> wrote in message

> "John Pollard" <8plus7isf(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Mel wrote:
>>> My 2009 deluxe one step update works great and updates multiple
>>> accounts at 3 locations.
>>> What I do not understand is why after opening the vault it shows the
>>> accounts checked and ready for d/l but also has a section telling me
>>> all those accounts are available for one step with a highlighted area
>>> to click to do so.
>>
>> [As has already been pointed out; what you talking about is not found in
>> the Password Vault.]
>>
>> What, exactly, is the problem you're having?
>>
>> --
>>
>> John Pollard
>> Your source of user-to-user Quicken help
>>
> Let me get back to basics starting with this post as stated above:
> I have no problem, all works fine.
> I wonder if I am missing something because the settings display, which
> opens immediately after entering vault password in one step update, shows
> all my accounts set for updating then in the lower portion of that display
> it tells me they are available for one step updating and offers me a
> location to activate that.
> I have the same screen that notan posted but he only shows the upper half.
> It is the logic of the lower half that I am wondering about. IE: offering
> activation of something that is already activated.
>

> Mel

Maybe it's this...
In my OSU I have 12 entries that update (they appear in the top part of my
OSU Update panel - mixture of Direct and EWC.)
In the bottom part of the panel (I have to scroll down) I have 9 entries
listed, most (but not all) are for FIs that appear above and they have the
"Activate for One Step Update" Option (even though an FI is listed above as
a OSU entity.
The trigger I think, at least in my case, is an account I might have at the
FI that is not Direct or EWC able but is, instead, one that I might make a
manual connect to d/l.
I think the list at the bottom is saying you have connectivity at an FI but
an account is not part of the set...
Just what it looks like to me but I long ago topped even noticing it.
--
Geo. Salisbury
Long Valley, NJ

From: Han on
"Mel" <NOONE(a)NOWHERE.NET> wrote in

> "John Pollard" <8plus7isf(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Mel wrote:
>>> My 2009 deluxe one step update works great and updates multiple
>>> accounts at 3 locations.
>>> What I do not understand is why after opening the vault it shows the
>>> accounts checked and ready for d/l but also has a section telling me
>>> all those accounts are available for one step with a highlighted
>>> area to click to do so.
>>
>> [As has already been pointed out; what you talking about is not found
>> in the Password Vault.]
>>
>> What, exactly, is the problem you're having?
>>
>> --
>>
>> John Pollard
>> Your source of user-to-user Quicken help
>>
> Let me get back to basics starting with this post as stated above:
> I have no problem, all works fine.
> I wonder if I am missing something because the settings display, which
> opens immediately after entering vault password in one step update,
> shows all my accounts set for updating then in the lower portion of
> that display it tells me they are available for one step updating and
> offers me a location to activate that.
> I have the same screen that notan posted but he only shows the upper
> half. It is the logic of the lower half that I am wondering about. IE:
> offering activation of something that is already activated.
>

> Mel

My bottom part contains mostly old FIs that I do not use anymore, or
current ones that I choose not to use.

What still ticks me off is the summary after all is done that should NOT
show unles there is an error. For me it always shows, and I'd rather not
have to close it.

--
Best regards
Han
From: Mel on

"Bob Wang" <BobWangBlog(a)Gmail.com> wrote in message
> Mel:
>
> If you go to your account list, you'll see a list of account connections
> that can be "improved"
> Those are probably the accounts that are at the bottom of your One Step
> Update window.
>
> e.g., I have Web Connect accounts that theoretically could be Express Web
> Connect.
> I have EWC accounts that could be improved to Direct Connect, etc.
>
> http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t131/BobWangPhotos/QuickenConnections2010-03-18.jpg
>
> Bob

Bob will check out to see if they are accounts that can be improved.
Thank you for this helpful idea.
Mel