From: Matthias Hoys on

"Brian Peasland" <oracle_dba(a)nospam.peasland.net> wrote in message
>>> NOW, How do I configure dbconsole for my clone DB? So I can monitor the
>>> DB from web and also use isql.
>>

>> RMAN is the utility to use. RMAN rocks and is manual enough.
>>

> RMAN will configure dbconsole?
>
> Cheers,
> Brian

I once ordered a pizza from RMAN but it never arrived :-)

From: Angsql on
Hi Brian,

Thank you for your reply.

when I issued the command bin] emctl config dbconsole

I got this error

OC4J Configuration issue.
/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/oc4j/j2ee/OC4J_DBConsole_office1-dhcp64.eng.com_TEST11
not found.

Could you please tell what could be the problem.

Thank you
RA

From: hpuxrac on
Matthias Hoys wrote:
> "Brian Peasland" <oracle_dba(a)nospam.peasland.net> wrote in message
> >>

> >> RMAN is the utility to use. RMAN rocks and is manual enough.
> >>

> > RMAN will configure dbconsole?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Brian
> >

> I once ordered a pizza from RMAN but it never arrived :-)

Here you go!

rman << EOF
connect target user/password(a)servicename
host 'emctl configure dbconsole';
host 'echo "rman deliver pizza please"';
exit;
EOF

rman deliver pizza please
host command complete

From: angani on
Comeon gurus someone reply to my query.

I have tried all means/methods to get the emctl working to configure
the db console

I tried

emca

emctl config dbconsole

emctl configure dbconsole

NOTHING WORKED (:

From: Brian Peasland on
Sorry...my mistake. Instead of emctl to configure dbconsole, it is emca
(Enterprise Manager Configuration Assistant). I gave you the wrong
utility. My apologies.

Here is a sample run I used to manually configure dbsoncole:

emca -config dbcontrol db

STARTED EMCA at Aug 3, 2005 10:54:14 PM
EM Configuration Assistant, Version 10.2.0.1.0 Production
Copyright (c) 2003, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Enter the following information:
Database SID: frccd
Listener port number: 1526
Password for SYS user:
Password for DBSNMP user:
Password for SYSMAN user:
Email address for notifications (optional): peasland(a)nothere.com
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) server for notifications (optional): smtp.nothere.com

HTH,
Brian

http://www.peasland.net